C Drive Overload

Anonymous
2018-07-10T19:08:17+00:00

I have been having problems with my C drive on my laptop. It has been overloaded for sometime and I am needing some assistance as to what I can do to get it back to normal. I have tried to optimize, and that doesn't seem to work and I don't want to delete anything. What can I do?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2018-07-11T19:23:49+00:00

Hi Jason, yes a lot of stuff - 3/4 of your hard drive was in that folder, you will have a lot of free space once that is done

Make sure to empty your Recycle Bin once that is done . . .

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-07-10T20:35:36+00:00

    That's ok. So I downloaded what you gave me, did a scan there is a folder called System Files with 4.6 GB with 7 files with 86.2% - I believe that is the culprit

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2018-07-10T20:39:47+00:00

    Hi Jason,

    I doubt that is the culprit, 4.6GB is not a large compared to your hard drive size, you have a 920GB HDD with 1.33GB free, Please provide a screenshot of that TreeSize window, showing the largest folders . . .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-07-10T20:44:17+00:00

    It's saying it's not going to let me send a picture, there has to be a minimum of 6 characters.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-07-10T21:52:28+00:00

    It's saying it's not going to let me send a picture, there has to be a minimum of 6 characters. 

    To include a picture, you must click the mountain symbol in the reply's symbol bar. You can then enter the picture's file name.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments