Hi Jason, yes a lot of stuff - 3/4 of your hard drive was in that folder, you will have a lot of free space once that is done
Make sure to empty your Recycle Bin once that is done . . .
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have been having problems with my C drive on my laptop. It has been overloaded for sometime and I am needing some assistance as to what I can do to get it back to normal. I have tried to optimize, and that doesn't seem to work and I don't want to delete anything. What can I do?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Jason, yes a lot of stuff - 3/4 of your hard drive was in that folder, you will have a lot of free space once that is done
Make sure to empty your Recycle Bin once that is done . . .
Is Norton Security is the same thing as Norton 360?
WOW! OMG! I never knew that
Hi Jason, thanks for that, the culprit is now obvious
You are running Norton 360 backup
It is creating disk image after disk image which is using up your whole hard drive . . .
Think about it, you have about 148GB of actual data on your hard drive, yet your backup is 700GB - very wasteful !!
And not only that, it is on the same hard drive. So if that hard drive fails, you loose your data and your backup . . .
You should uninstall Norton 360
Restart your PC
Then, delete the top folder (N360 Backup) that is 704GB in size
Then re-install Norton 360
Try to setup an incremental backup in Norton 360
Basically you want it to do an initial backup of everything, then only when you create a file or change a file, it should then just add that to the backup . . .
I hope this helps you free up your hard drive and to create an economical backup routine . . .