C Drive Overload

Anonymous
2018-07-10T19:08:17+00:00

I have been having problems with my C drive on my laptop. It has been overloaded for sometime and I am needing some assistance as to what I can do to get it back to normal. I have tried to optimize, and that doesn't seem to work and I don't want to delete anything. What can I do?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2018-07-11T19:23:49+00:00

Hi Jason, yes a lot of stuff - 3/4 of your hard drive was in that folder, you will have a lot of free space once that is done

Make sure to empty your Recycle Bin once that is done . . .

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2018-07-10T20:15:22+00:00

    Hi Jason, Okay so it is hard drive space . ..

    If you believe your hard drive is full and should not be, please try this:

    Windows Explorer is useless when it comes to working out where your hard drive space is being used . . .

    Click the link below to download a small free utility called Treesize. Using that tool, you will instantly see where this space is being used

    https://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free/

    Once you have worked out where this space is being used, please let me know so I can advise on what is safe to remove . . .

    ________________________________________________________

    Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-07-10T20:11:21+00:00

    I was going to send a screenshot and show you what my C drive was actually at, but that didn't work. My C drive is currently right now at 1.33 GB free of 920 GB

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2018-07-10T20:07:42+00:00

    Hi Jason, your last post did not come through, can you please try that again . ..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-07-10T20:06:04+00:00

    Hi Jason,

    When you say your hard drive is overloaded, do you mean it is full when you look at it in File Explorer or it is showing 100% in Task Manager?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments