C Drive Overload

Anonymous
2018-07-10T19:08:17+00:00

I have been having problems with my C drive on my laptop. It has been overloaded for sometime and I am needing some assistance as to what I can do to get it back to normal. I have tried to optimize, and that doesn't seem to work and I don't want to delete anything. What can I do?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2018-07-11T19:23:49+00:00

Hi Jason, yes a lot of stuff - 3/4 of your hard drive was in that folder, you will have a lot of free space once that is done

Make sure to empty your Recycle Bin once that is done . . .

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2018-07-11T20:05:50+00:00

    Hi Jason, have a read of this article on how to take ownership of that folder, then you will be able to delete it

    On the page is a reg file which will add 'Take Ownership to the right click menu in File Explorer . . .

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3841-add-ta...

    ________________________________________________________

    Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-07-11T19:59:13+00:00

    And yes Norton has been uninstalled

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-07-11T19:58:52+00:00

    I do not have permission 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-07-11T19:56:23+00:00

    Folder Snip - it's not letting me do it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments