If I went out to a store and bought Windows 10 pro and use that product key will that work or will I have to wipe my computer and install it fresh and do I have to have Windows 10 home for my computer since this is my personal computer or can I still use Windows 10 pro?
Your Windows license will expire soon. You need to activate Windows in settings.
Hi, my name is Niya and yesterday I went on my computer so I could watch some YouTube and when I started up my computer a message popped up saying: Your Windows License will expire soon. You need to activate Windows in settings. I clicked close and it
popped up again. I decided to go to settings and I saw it said Windows is activated using your organization's activation service. A few month's ago about September or October I got my computer's hard drive replaced and they people who repaired my computer
installed Windows 10 Pro on it. Once I got my computer repaired I installed the Windows 10 creators update. I do not think that caused the problem. My Windows 10 Pro is activated because I checked in settings and by going to This PC>Right clicking on This
PC>Properties. It says Windows is activated. I am very confused on why I am getting the message. I do not own a copy of Windows 10. The people who fixed my computer and replaced my hard drive installed Windows 10 on my computer. Is there any way I could fix
my computer and stop the message from popping up and not have my Windows License expire? Here are some pictures of the message.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2018-04-05T20:01:08+00:00 -
Greg Carmack 24,780 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2018-04-05T20:42:54+00:00 Yes, Niya. You can buy a Windows 10 Pro key, from Microsoft Store if you want, or another store as long as it's a major retailer who back their purchases so you don't get ripped off. Then insert the key after removing the volume license key.
-
Anonymous
2018-04-06T16:28:54+00:00 Ok, I saw Windows 10 pro is quite expensive on Microsoft website and at other stores I trust such as Best Buy and Walmart so if I were to buy Windows 10 home which is not as expensive will I be able to use that product key? If I can't then how can I install Windows 10 home if I already have Windows 10?
-
Anonymous
2018-06-04T09:16:22+00:00 My computer came pre installed with windows 10, it wouldn't boot up so I had someone install it again. I had the computer for a while and it never gave me that message but now it does. Would factory resetting my pc it remove the windows they installed and use the windows it originally came with?
-
Anonymous
2018-08-20T02:08:53+00:00 My Dell notebook was Windows 7. Microsoft told me to upgrade to Windows 10. I upgrade it from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Last week I reset Windows 10. Today I found that “your Windows license will expire soon” ,” You need to active Windows in settings”. Could you please tell me what should I do?