Your Windows license will expire soon. You need to activate Windows in settings.

Anonymous
2018-04-05T02:42:32+00:00

Hi, my name is Niya and yesterday I went on my computer so I could watch some YouTube and when I started up my computer a message popped up saying: Your Windows License will expire soon. You need to activate Windows in settings. I clicked close and it popped up again. I decided to go to settings and I saw it said Windows is activated using your organization's activation service. A few month's ago about September or October I got my computer's hard drive replaced and they people who repaired my computer installed Windows 10 Pro on it. Once I got my computer repaired I installed the Windows 10 creators update. I do not think that caused the problem. My Windows 10 Pro is activated because I checked in settings and by going to This PC>Right clicking on This PC>Properties. It says Windows is activated. I am very confused on why I am getting the message. I do not own a copy of Windows 10. The people who fixed my computer and replaced my hard drive installed Windows 10 on my computer. Is there any way I could fix my computer and stop the message from popping up and not have my Windows License expire? Here are some pictures of the message. 

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. VARADHARAJAN K 9,726 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2018-11-14T11:48:11+00:00

    actually,  licence key is Not retail,  more over its from volume activation in every Months license must be renewed.

    if you bought new laptop with windows  contact the manufacturer

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-11-14T11:26:10+00:00

    Sir i am suffering with same problem like Niya. I got windows 10 license with my laptop. Due to some error i give it to my friend to fix it. It worked fine for some time but after that is showing same message like Niya was getting. What should I do ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. VARADHARAJAN K 9,726 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2018-11-14T05:47:03+00:00

    product key is  activated  by kms server address is  not permanent activation , I think you have bought key from third party seller .

    or else you have activated windows by windows activator software.

    you must buy new pro key from microsoft

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-11-14T03:00:11+00:00

    yes, it is my personal computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-11-14T02:57:54+00:00

    Hi. I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems, but I'm here to help.

    This means that you have a volume license, which expires after a certain number of days. Is this your personal computer?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments