Your Windows license will expire soon. You need to activate Windows in settings.

Anonymous
2018-04-05T02:42:32+00:00

Hi, my name is Niya and yesterday I went on my computer so I could watch some YouTube and when I started up my computer a message popped up saying: Your Windows License will expire soon. You need to activate Windows in settings. I clicked close and it popped up again. I decided to go to settings and I saw it said Windows is activated using your organization's activation service. A few month's ago about September or October I got my computer's hard drive replaced and they people who repaired my computer installed Windows 10 Pro on it. Once I got my computer repaired I installed the Windows 10 creators update. I do not think that caused the problem. My Windows 10 Pro is activated because I checked in settings and by going to This PC>Right clicking on This PC>Properties. It says Windows is activated. I am very confused on why I am getting the message. I do not own a copy of Windows 10. The people who fixed my computer and replaced my hard drive installed Windows 10 on my computer. Is there any way I could fix my computer and stop the message from popping up and not have my Windows License expire? Here are some pictures of the message. 

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-10-14T12:29:55+00:00

    This matter is now solved ,please unsubscribe from this communication

    Brian Simms administrator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. VARADHARAJAN K 9,726 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2019-10-14T04:34:37+00:00

    your key is volume edition , so you must system administrator.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-10-14T04:01:46+00:00

    My window expired.

    I want Renew it.

    How can i?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-09-08T10:46:07+00:00

    Hi Sumit, 

    I was having the same issue with my windows license, I followed your instruction and I attached the screenshot of the message. 

    I hope you can help. 

    Thank.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments