same problem
Your Windows license will expire soon. You need to activate Windows in settings.
Hi, my name is Niya and yesterday I went on my computer so I could watch some YouTube and when I started up my computer a message popped up saying: Your Windows License will expire soon. You need to activate Windows in settings. I clicked close and it
popped up again. I decided to go to settings and I saw it said Windows is activated using your organization's activation service. A few month's ago about September or October I got my computer's hard drive replaced and they people who repaired my computer
installed Windows 10 Pro on it. Once I got my computer repaired I installed the Windows 10 creators update. I do not think that caused the problem. My Windows 10 Pro is activated because I checked in settings and by going to This PC>Right clicking on This
PC>Properties. It says Windows is activated. I am very confused on why I am getting the message. I do not own a copy of Windows 10. The people who fixed my computer and replaced my hard drive installed Windows 10 on my computer. Is there any way I could fix
my computer and stop the message from popping up and not have my Windows License expire? Here are some pictures of the message.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2019-08-22T09:16:43+00:00 -
Anonymous
2019-06-10T11:39:23+00:00 Hello,
I am Sumit, an Independent advisor and a Microsoft MVP here to help.
General guide for Activation error in Windows:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/10738/...
https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12440/...
To better diagnose the issue,
Right click Start>Command Prompt-Admin and type in the following command:
slmgr.vbs /dlv
If you have Powershell instead of Command Prompt Run these in order:
cmd.exe
slmgr.vbs /dlv
You will get a window, take a screenshot using snipping tool and paste it it next reply.
How to get a screenshot and post back:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...
Please let us know if you need any assistance in posting.
-
Anonymous
2019-06-04T12:25:36+00:00 Hi. I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems, but I'm here to help.
This means that you have a volume license, which expires after a certain number of days. Is this your personal computer?
yes
yes
-
Anonymous
2019-06-04T12:24:30+00:00 Hi. I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems, but I'm here to help.
This means that you have a volume license, which expires after a certain number of days. Is this your personal computer?
yes
-
Anonymous
2019-04-16T11:22:22+00:00 I found my own fix. When the work software went on I believe we messed up somehow. So we have to change the windows product key back to the original windows 8 or 8.1 key, Microsoft converted all that info over, so that key brings up your current windows 10 licensing also I believe a system restore was recommended to me and maybe would work- to before the new software was installed. Good luck friends!!!