Your Windows license will expire soon. You need to activate Windows in settings.

Anonymous
2018-04-05T02:42:32+00:00

Hi, my name is Niya and yesterday I went on my computer so I could watch some YouTube and when I started up my computer a message popped up saying: Your Windows License will expire soon. You need to activate Windows in settings. I clicked close and it popped up again. I decided to go to settings and I saw it said Windows is activated using your organization's activation service. A few month's ago about September or October I got my computer's hard drive replaced and they people who repaired my computer installed Windows 10 Pro on it. Once I got my computer repaired I installed the Windows 10 creators update. I do not think that caused the problem. My Windows 10 Pro is activated because I checked in settings and by going to This PC>Right clicking on This PC>Properties. It says Windows is activated. I am very confused on why I am getting the message. I do not own a copy of Windows 10. The people who fixed my computer and replaced my hard drive installed Windows 10 on my computer. Is there any way I could fix my computer and stop the message from popping up and not have my Windows License expire? Here are some pictures of the message. 

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-04-05T11:43:17+00:00

    Ok. It's strange that they would have used a volume license when they installed Windows. Unfortunately you'll need a new Windows key.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-04-16T04:48:07+00:00

    Hi, my name is Niya and yesterday I went on my computer so I could watch some YouTube and when I started up my computer a message popped up saying: Your Windows License will expire soon. You need to activate Windows in settings. I clicked close and it popped up again. I decided to go to settings and I saw it said Windows is activated using your organization's activation service. A few month's ago about September or October I got my computer's hard drive replaced and they people who repaired my computer installed Windows 10 Pro on it. Once I got my computer repaired I installed the Windows 10 creators update. I do not think that caused the problem. My Windows 10 Pro is activated because I checked in settings and by going to This PC>Right clicking on This PC>Properties. It says Windows is activated. I am very confused on why I am getting the message. I do not own a copy of Windows 10. The people who fixed my computer and replaced my hard drive installed Windows 10 on my computer. Is there any way I could fix my computer and stop the message from popping up and not have my Windows License expire? Here are some pictures of the message. 

    My dear and newbies victims from microsoft errors: look this guys they don't know how to help u. you got early free win 10 licence linked to your email (outlook/hotmail) this why the ORGANISATION tag in your licence ... some one messup this via new windows defender capabilities . then over write the system activation process. no fix  you need to wait to microsoft get 5,000,000.00 automatic error report in your tipe or brand machine to adress the patch to fix the issue. if you work or study whit computers go get a mac product or install real free os like devian, ubuntu and get free to undercare profit messy org's.

    and i am just a nice guy with 186 iq score glad to be honest.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2018-04-05T04:19:53+00:00

    Hello,

    I am Sumit, an Independent advisor and a Microsoft MVP here to help.

    General guide for Activation error in Windows:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/10738/...

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12440/...

    To better diagnose the issue,

    Right click Start>Command Prompt-Admin and type in the following command:

    slmgr.vbs /dlv

    If you have Powershell instead of Command Prompt Run these in order:

    cmd.exe

    slmgr.vbs /dlv

    You will get a window, take a screenshot using snipping tool and paste it it next reply.

    How to get a screenshot and post back:

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

    Please let us know if you need any assistance in posting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-04-05T03:19:14+00:00

    Yes, this is my personal home computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-04-05T03:21:01+00:00

    I am going to try the first way you said but if that way does not work when I go to control panel I know one part says back up and restore to Windows 7 but I do not know what version of Windows 7.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments