Display brightness at max after 1803 update

Anonymous
2018-05-03T16:42:57+00:00

Hello!

I upgraded my laptop over the weekend to Windows 10 1803. I noticed my display was set to max brightness. I am unable to use the F keys to lower the brightness. I am also unable to change the brightness in the display settings. My drivers are all updated. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I have a Toshiba Satellite with the Intel (R) HD Graphics.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-04T18:29:37+00:00

    Ok, that's for an NVIDIA graphics card. I looked for Intel HD Graphics and installed that one. It's an older driver but it fixed the brightness issue. Hopefully, nothing else breaks using this older driver.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-04T21:35:29+00:00

    Thats great news, glad you got it working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-09T12:15:07+00:00

    Hi. I have same issue (brightness at lowest level, and can't be changed after upgrading to Win10 1803). I have HP ProBook 4320s. Any ideas?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-09T12:57:07+00:00

    For me, nothing helps on my emachines e730 with i7 620m.

    Please, help me solve the problem. I can not work at maximum brightening :(

    Microsoft certainly wants to withdraw older laptop models from use.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-05-09T13:38:57+00:00

    Hi. I solved the problem restoring windows 10 to 1709. Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments