Display brightness at max after 1803 update

Anonymous
2018-05-03T16:42:57+00:00

Hello!

I upgraded my laptop over the weekend to Windows 10 1803. I noticed my display was set to max brightness. I am unable to use the F keys to lower the brightness. I am also unable to change the brightness in the display settings. My drivers are all updated. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I have a Toshiba Satellite with the Intel (R) HD Graphics.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-03T16:55:55+00:00

    Press Windows key + X

    Click Device Manager

    Expand Display adapters

    Right click the current display adapter

    Click Properties

    Click Driver tab

    Click Rollback driver if the option is available

    If not

    Right click the current display adapter

    Click Uninstall

    Check the box that says, "Delete the driver software for this device.”

    Exit Device Manager

    Restart

    Go to Start -> Settings -> Update & security, then Check for updates and install any available updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-03T18:18:29+00:00

    Andre-

    Ok, I tried this. It installed the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. I checked for updates and Windows Update claims my system is up-to-date.

    So now I have a basic display driver and I'm still unable to modulate the screen brightness. Any other ideas?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-03T18:23:10+00:00

    What is the exact make and model?

    Open Start, type: system information

    Hit Enter

    Click System summary

    Look in the right pane

    Copy the system sku info into reply here.

    See example: https://imgur.com/qzektpA

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-03T21:00:35+00:00

    Yeah, it's an asterisk.

    OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Home

    Version    10.0.17134 Build 17134

    Other OS Description     Not Available

    OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation

    System Name    

    System Manufacturer    TOSHIBA

    System Model    Satellite M645

    System Type    x64-based PC

    System SKU    *

    Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU       M 460  @ 2.53GHz, 2534 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-05-03T21:14:32+00:00

    I am only seeing Windows 8 drivers for this make and model.

    http://files.ecp.toshiba.com/2016/08/20/0232/14...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments