Display brightness at max after 1803 update

Anonymous
2018-05-03T16:42:57+00:00

Hello!

I upgraded my laptop over the weekend to Windows 10 1803. I noticed my display was set to max brightness. I am unable to use the F keys to lower the brightness. I am also unable to change the brightness in the display settings. My drivers are all updated. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I have a Toshiba Satellite with the Intel (R) HD Graphics.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-09T12:15:07+00:00

    Hi. I have same issue (brightness at lowest level, and can't be changed after upgrading to Win10 1803). I have HP ProBook 4320s. Any ideas?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-04T21:35:29+00:00

    Thats great news, glad you got it working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-04T18:29:37+00:00

    Ok, that's for an NVIDIA graphics card. I looked for Intel HD Graphics and installed that one. It's an older driver but it fixed the brightness issue. Hopefully, nothing else breaks using this older driver.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-03T21:14:32+00:00

    I am only seeing Windows 8 drivers for this make and model.

    http://files.ecp.toshiba.com/2016/08/20/0232/14...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-05-03T21:00:35+00:00

    Yeah, it's an asterisk.

    OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Home

    Version    10.0.17134 Build 17134

    Other OS Description     Not Available

    OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation

    System Name    

    System Manufacturer    TOSHIBA

    System Model    Satellite M645

    System Type    x64-based PC

    System SKU    *

    Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU       M 460  @ 2.53GHz, 2534 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments