Display brightness at max after 1803 update

Anonymous
2018-05-03T16:42:57+00:00

Hello!

I upgraded my laptop over the weekend to Windows 10 1803. I noticed my display was set to max brightness. I am unable to use the F keys to lower the brightness. I am also unable to change the brightness in the display settings. My drivers are all updated. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I have a Toshiba Satellite with the Intel (R) HD Graphics.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-25T09:03:07+00:00

    yesterday Microsoft released cumulative update did that fixed your issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-25T06:41:25+00:00

    thanks very much, very helpful!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-25T02:28:14+00:00

    Press Windows key + X

    Click Device Manager

    Expand Display adapters

    Right click the current display adapter

    Click Properties

    Click Driver tab

    Click Rollback driver if the option is available

    If not

    Right click the current display adapter

    Click Uninstall

    Check the box that says, "Delete the driver software for this device.”

    Exit Device Manager

    Restart

    Go to Start -> Settings -> Update & security, then Check for updates and install any available updates.

    Hi,

    My system information is as follows-

    OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

    Version    10.0.17134 Build 17134

    Other OS Description     Not Available

    OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation

    System Name    DESKTOP-24PNNGM

    System Manufacturer    LENOVO

    System Model    20060

    System Type    x64-based PC

    System SKU    Calpella_CRB

    Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU       M 350  @ 2.27GHz, 2266 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

    BIOS Version/Date    LENOVO 29CN27WW(V2.04), 6/1/2010

    SMBIOS Version    2.6

    Embedded Controller Version    255.255

    BIOS Mode    Legacy

    BaseBoard Manufacturer    LENOVO

    I tried both of the above methods to fix the brightness issues but nothing is working. Please suggest something else.

    Thank You

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-23T21:28:37+00:00

    THIS IS WHAT FIXED THE ISSUE FOR ME (Date: 23rd May 2018):

    1. I opened Device Manager. 
    2. Noticed that Display Adapters section was reporting problem (showing exclamation sign) for the "Intel HD Graphics 620". (This solution may work for other onboard graphics too).
    3. I right clicked on that and chose "Update driver" option. 
    4. On the pop-up window, I chose "Search automatically for updated driver software" option. 
    5. Windows searched and automatically installed the driver software over Internet and the Brightness Controls started working again immediately (without restarting the PC). 
    6. Device Manager also stopped reporting problem with Display Adapter.

    I hope this helps some of you if not all of you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-05-18T01:19:25+00:00

    Lenovo G460 have same problem updated to 1803. Please follow up for this problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments