Display brightness at max after 1803 update

Anonymous
2018-05-03T16:42:57+00:00

Hello!

I upgraded my laptop over the weekend to Windows 10 1803. I noticed my display was set to max brightness. I am unable to use the F keys to lower the brightness. I am also unable to change the brightness in the display settings. My drivers are all updated. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I have a Toshiba Satellite with the Intel (R) HD Graphics.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-06-05T23:05:34+00:00

    This solved my problem! excellent!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2018-06-03T15:15:50+00:00

    Same issue in my Acer Timeline 4810TZ. I tried all the suggested fix mentioned in earlier posts in this thread. Also tried suggestions mentioned in reddit thread. Nothing works. I have sensitive eyes and cannot see bright stuffs. I tried to use with sun glasses on and it was still too bright. I am planning to install Windows 8.1 if Microsoft doesn't fix this in few days.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments