ok everything backed up, I'm going to proceed with the media tool thing.
Windows 10 - Freezing on startup after 5-10 minutes
basically I just moved to a new house and came into another issue with my computer. Before, the original issue was that my computer would freeze if I go idle from the keyboard and mouse after 8-10+ minutes. Weird thing about it is that it never happened whenver I was on the game “Fortnite” main menu screen. I couldnt get any real answers for my issue.
The day I move in, I setup my computer and it worked perfectly other than the idle freezing issue. Next day, I get on and reboot my pc becuase I couldnt leave it on due to the idle freezing if I was sleeping. But I get on for 5-10 minutes opening discord, spotify, and a game and it freezes on me. I reboot the Pc and it does it the second time.
Now I have an even worse issue. I don’t know how to fix it at all. And if I did find there issue, I wouldn’t know where to start.
If I load the pc in Safe Mode, it works perfectly fine. Doesn’t freeze after a couple of minutes and it doesn’t freeze if I go idle either.
I tried to factory reset my computer but by the time it reaches 40-50% it freezes and I can’t do anything to it basically.
Also, if you can help me and solve my issue. I’ll really appreciate it. The last post I did was with a guy helping but took him 1-2 days for a reply which I need fast and detailed replys.
He explained to me that certain things we will do but never said if I should be doing it in Normal Startup or Safe Mode.
Please help
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2018-04-16T18:07:36+00:00 -
Greg Carmack 24,785 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2018-04-16T06:00:15+00:00 At the screen where you Choose What to Keep, choose to save nothing is similar to a Clean install except that it doesn't wipe all the partitions off the drive. But it does delete files, programs and settings so make sure you have your files backed up and access to the programs needed to reinstall them.
There is more about this here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...
-
Anonymous
2018-04-16T05:56:08+00:00 If I don't select anything, is that basically a factory reset? I rather just clean it all up and re download it all again.
-
Greg Carmack 24,785 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2018-04-16T05:53:26+00:00 I just choose Documents, Pictures, Downloads, Music and Desktop. You can add D if you want. It sync's up to 15gb free. But you gotta wait for it to upload all of them.
-
Anonymous
2018-04-16T05:46:56+00:00 Is this good? I downloaded the google link you sent me. And I was asking do I just download any of those 3 links you sent me.
Am I selecting each and every file inside the User file with my name? I tried just clicking my user file but says it can't sync it. And how about my (D:) is that fine? Cause I got stuff in there too.