Unfortunately, private messages are not allowed between the public and volunteers. But it would best if you file it as a bug report though so Microsoft engineers can better investigate and possibly release a patch or provide a work around.
intel wireless-ac 9260 blue screen crash when installing adapter
installing intel Bluetooth drivers works fine, and this part of the 9260 actually works. but whenever the wireless adapter is recognized and initialized I receive a blue screen crash with code BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER. upon restart, the adapter has a "!" in the icon next to its name, and within properties the device status reads either code 56 or code 37, depending on the latest attempt I have made to uninstall the adapter and drivers and reinstall the intel proset wireless drivers. I've tried all of intel proset's supported versions for this wifi adapter, but every driver version results in a blue screen of death upon initialization of the adapter. again, Bluetooth still works, and that's why i'm very confused. why is half of the 9260 working while the other half, the wifi part, is not? is there any fix or workaround for this? thanks.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2018-06-05T15:40:07+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-06-05T16:07:47+00:00 There is always a chance there is a physical problem related to the card or its connection or even the motherboard slot.
You might think about ordering a Intel Wireless-ac 8265 and see if it would install and run.
I checked into purchasing one of the 9260 devices but did not see a normal retail outlet which was selling them.
-
Anonymous
2018-06-05T19:26:28+00:00 I performed a fresh install of windows and created an offline account so no passwords can be extracted from this dump file. here is the share link. https://www.dropbox.com/s/4gkyt9k646g5guk/MEMORY.DMP?dl=0
-
Anonymous
2018-06-06T00:10:19+00:00 Looking at the dump file you provided shows the following:
BugCheck 7C, {b, ffff87069e0861a0, ffff87069e0df000, 0}
Probably caused by : ndis.sys ( ndis!ndisMInitializeAdapter+7769 )
BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER (7c)
The operating system detected an error in a networking driver.
The BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER bugcheck identifies problems in network drivers.
Often, the defect is caused by a NDIS miniport driver. You can get a complete
list of NDIS miniport drivers using !ndiskd.netadapter. You can get a
big-picture overview of the network stack with !ndiskd.netreport.
Arguments:
Arg1: 000000000000000b, NDIS_BUGCHECK_INIT_FAILED_WITHOUT_INTERRUPT_DEREGISTER
A Miniport failed initialization without deregistering its interrupt.Arg2: ffff87069e0861a0, A pointer to Miniport block. !ndiskd.miniport on
this pointer for more info.Arg3: ffff87069e0df000, A pointer to NDIS_MINIPORT_INTERRUPT
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Not used.
6: kd> !ndiskd.miniport ffff87069e0861a0
MINIPORT
Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 Ndis handle ffff87069e0861a0 Ndis API version v6.60Page 1870a5 not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
Adapter context ffff87069a4e3010 Driver ffff87069e135ae0 - Netwtw06 v0.4 Network interface ffff87069e0c1a20The miniport driver that does appear to cause the crash is the Netwtw06.sys and it appears to crash at initialization.
One thing I might suggest is to try installing the driver in Safe Mode.
Also, consider updating the BIOS as there appears to an issue with Plug and Play:
ndis!ndisPnPStartDevice+0x10b
-
Anonymous
2018-06-06T12:28:05+00:00 Hi,
I installed the latest intel wireless proset drivers on another fresh windows install, including the latest intel bluetooth drivers. from here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=9260
I then typed msconfig into start menu and selected minimal safe boot. shut down, installed the intel wireless-ac 9260 module onto the motherboard, and started back up. the intel wireless-ac 9260 appeared under "network adapters" in the device manager, but it had a down arrow in the icon next to the name. device status said the device was disabled. Instead of enabling it, I clicked update driver-->browse my computer for driver software--> let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer. there were two 9260 drivers (probably because i had one from the download link above, and one driver on my desktop from intel's driver only download page (without software); i had attempted driver installation both ways from within windows 10 x64 before, as you may have read from earlier posts in this discussion, with no success and instant crashes upon driver installation. I selected the first of the two, clicked next, and no crash.
So I was indeed able to update the driver in safe mode, but this is a minimal safe boot (did not select the "network" radio option).
I restarted after the installation back into the same safe boot (minimal) and no crash, and the intel wireless-ac 9260 driver status shows "status is not available for this device when windows is running in safe mode."
Typed msconfig to open system configuration to change boot option to "safe boot" with "network" radio option selected. and clicked "restart"
After logging in, device manager showed a "!" in the icon next to the intel wireless-ac 9260 adapter name, and device status said "windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (code 37) The request is not supported.
I unchecked safe boot after this, and tried to restart into windows 10 x64. before login screen, i received a blue screen
BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER
At this point I removed the wifi module from the motherboard because the constant crashes and recovery attempts would lead to me reinstalling windows again without being able to grab the mini dump. uploaded minidump to dropbox, here is the share link.