OK,
Hopefully you will be able to obtain a minidump file.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
installing intel Bluetooth drivers works fine, and this part of the 9260 actually works. but whenever the wireless adapter is recognized and initialized I receive a blue screen crash with code BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER. upon restart, the adapter has a "!" in the icon next to its name, and within properties the device status reads either code 56 or code 37, depending on the latest attempt I have made to uninstall the adapter and drivers and reinstall the intel proset wireless drivers. I've tried all of intel proset's supported versions for this wifi adapter, but every driver version results in a blue screen of death upon initialization of the adapter. again, Bluetooth still works, and that's why i'm very confused. why is half of the 9260 working while the other half, the wifi part, is not? is there any fix or workaround for this? thanks.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
OK,
Hopefully you will be able to obtain a minidump file.
I am looking at your Motherboard support site. I may have the wrong one but it does show X299.. and 3 total M.2 slots.
Overlapping resources means the PCIe or SATA resources.
A wireless adapter should not be so much trouble. I driver may not make it work correctly but not very often cause a Blue Screen..
I'm not using any of the sata3 ports, i'm only using one of the ultra m.2 slots for the samsung 970 pro nvme, and the m.2 2230 wifi module (key e) socket for the intel 9260. very little connected to this board.
I was not. Windows wanted to restore the system because of the constant crashes before login screen, so i chose to shut down, removed the intel 9260 (which is why the crashes were happening... windows must have kept trying to finish installing the drivers for the adapter before the login screen because i kept getting the same blue screen with the same error. after removing the intel 9260, i was able to login, but i couldn't find the memory dump file anywhere. there was no minidump folder, and there was no "MEMORY.DMP" file either (this is the name of the dump file that should be created according to my startup and recovery options.
File a bug report please and send me the short link so I can bring this to the attention of the engineers:
Sorry for the delay, had to get some sleep. was working on this for many hours. I just did a fresh install again, automatic windows updates, etc... set the memory dump to complete and made the path a folder in onedrive, shut down, installed the intel 9260, started the computer back up; before i could get to device manager to install the driver manually, I got the "BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER" blue screen. I removed the 9260 to make sure i could get into windows and see dump file, but the minidump file is large, 64gb, because i chose "complete" due to the mini dump not saving other times. is this safe to share? I would have to put it onto dropbox as my onedrive does not have nearly that amount of free space.
Thinking that I would need a smaller mini dump file, I changed the dump from "complete" to "active" and then decided to install the latest proset drivers and software, because at least this is how i was able to stay in windows with the device half working (bluetooth only) without constant crashes. after the latest supported intel bluetooth and proset wireless drivers/software were installed, I changed the device installation settings to "no (your device might not work as expected)" so that manufacturer apps and custom icons available for my devices would not be automatically downloaded, i shut down to reinstall the 9260 adapter. after logging in, i went to the device manager, and the intel wireless-ac 9260 adapter had a down arrow next to the name. this is because the device status is: "This device is disabled. (Code 22). Click Enable Device to enable this device." after clicking enable, the PC crashed, with BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER error again. After the mini dump was finished I shut down and removed the intel wireless-ac 9260 from my motherboard so that I could log into windows to upload the dump file to dropbox (my one drive doesn’t have enough free space). Would you be able to send me a private message so i can send only you the memory dump share link?