I was only able to stay in windows for 10 seconds before it crashed and couldn't recover again. I have to reset the PC or reinstall windows.
intel wireless-ac 9260 blue screen crash when installing adapter
installing intel Bluetooth drivers works fine, and this part of the 9260 actually works. but whenever the wireless adapter is recognized and initialized I receive a blue screen crash with code BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER. upon restart, the adapter has a "!" in the icon next to its name, and within properties the device status reads either code 56 or code 37, depending on the latest attempt I have made to uninstall the adapter and drivers and reinstall the intel proset wireless drivers. I've tried all of intel proset's supported versions for this wifi adapter, but every driver version results in a blue screen of death upon initialization of the adapter. again, Bluetooth still works, and that's why i'm very confused. why is half of the 9260 working while the other half, the wifi part, is not? is there any fix or workaround for this? thanks.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2018-06-04T23:29:22+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-06-04T23:34:48+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-06-04T23:37:11+00:00 Were you able to start the computer in Safe Mode - this is possible form the login screen.
Also, can you check the following registry key?:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
At that registry key, in the right window, is there, under "Name", either an UpperFilters or LowerFilters value?
If so, for each of the UpperFilters and/or LowerFilters value, what is listed under "Data"?
-
Anonymous
2018-06-04T23:38:18+00:00 I am looking at your Motherboard support site. I may have the wrong one but it does show X299.. and 3 total M.2 slots.
Overlapping resources means the PCIe or SATA resources.
A wireless adapter should not be so much trouble. I driver may not make it work correctly but not very often cause a Blue Screen..
-
Anonymous
2018-06-04T23:41:34+00:00 Were you able to start the computer in Safe Mode - this is possible form the login screen.
Also, can you check the following registry key?:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
At that registry key, in the right window, is there, under "Name", either an UpperFilters or LowerFilters value?
If so, for each of the UpperFilters and/or LowerFilters value, what is listed under "Data"?
I was unable to get to the login screen a second time following the latest attempt so i could not boot into safe mode. I'll attempt again once windows finishes reinstalling.
I had already checked for "upperfilters" and "lowerfilters" for that class because I saw this as a troubleshooting step for the error codes I was seeing in device status, but i did not find those names in that class.