intel wireless-ac 9260 blue screen crash when installing adapter

Anonymous
2018-06-04T18:03:04+00:00

installing intel Bluetooth drivers works fine, and this part of the 9260 actually works. but whenever the wireless adapter is recognized and initialized I receive a blue screen crash with code BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER. upon restart, the adapter has a "!" in the icon next to its name, and within properties the device status reads either code 56 or code 37, depending on the latest attempt I have made to uninstall the adapter and drivers and reinstall the intel proset wireless drivers. I've tried all of intel proset's supported versions for this wifi adapter, but every driver version results in a blue screen of death upon initialization of the adapter. again, Bluetooth still works, and that's why i'm very confused. why is half of the 9260 working while the other half, the wifi part, is not? is there any fix or workaround for this? thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-06-06T00:10:19+00:00

    Looking at the dump file you provided shows the following:

    BugCheck 7C, {b, ffff87069e0861a0, ffff87069e0df000, 0}

    Probably caused by : ndis.sys ( ndis!ndisMInitializeAdapter+7769 )

    BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER (7c)

    The operating system detected an error in a networking driver.

    The BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER bugcheck identifies problems in network drivers.

    Often, the defect is caused by a NDIS miniport driver. You can get a complete

    list of NDIS miniport drivers using !ndiskd.netadapter. You can get a

    big-picture overview of the network stack with !ndiskd.netreport.

    Arguments:

    Arg1: 000000000000000b, NDIS_BUGCHECK_INIT_FAILED_WITHOUT_INTERRUPT_DEREGISTER

    A Miniport failed initialization without deregistering
    
    its interrupt.
    

    Arg2: ffff87069e0861a0, A pointer to Miniport block. !ndiskd.miniport on

    this pointer for more info.
    

    Arg3: ffff87069e0df000, A pointer to NDIS_MINIPORT_INTERRUPT

    Arg4: 0000000000000000, Not used.

    6: kd> !ndiskd.miniport ffff87069e0861a0

    MINIPORT

    Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260
    
    
    
    Ndis handle        ffff87069e0861a0
    
    Ndis API version   v6.60
    

    Page 1870a5 not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details

    Adapter context    ffff87069a4e3010
    
    Driver             ffff87069e135ae0 - Netwtw06  v0.4
    
    Network interface  ffff87069e0c1a20
    

    The miniport driver that does appear to cause the crash is the Netwtw06.sys and it appears to crash at initialization.

    One thing I might suggest is to try installing the driver in Safe Mode.

    Also, consider updating the BIOS as there appears to an issue with Plug and Play:

    ndis!ndisPnPStartDevice+0x10b

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-06-05T19:26:28+00:00

    I performed a fresh install of windows and created an offline account so no passwords can be extracted from this dump file. here is the share link.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/4gkyt9k646g5guk/MEMORY.DMP?dl=0

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-05T16:07:47+00:00

    There is always a chance there is a physical problem related to the card or its connection or even the motherboard slot.

    You might think about ordering a Intel Wireless-ac 8265 and see if it would install and run.

    I checked into purchasing one of the 9260 devices but did not see a normal retail outlet which was selling them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-05T15:40:07+00:00

    Unfortunately, private messages are not allowed between the public and volunteers. But it would best if you file it as a bug report though so Microsoft engineers can better investigate and possibly release a patch or provide a work around.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-06-05T15:32:28+00:00

    Sorry for the delay, had to get some sleep. was working on this for many hours. I just did a fresh install again, automatic windows updates, etc... set the memory dump to complete and made the path a folder in onedrive, shut down, installed the intel 9260, started the computer back up; before i could get to device manager to install the driver manually, I got the "BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER" blue screen. I removed the 9260 to make sure i could get into windows and see dump file, but the minidump file is large, 64gb, because i chose "complete" due to the mini dump not saving other times. is this safe to share? I would have to put it onto dropbox as my onedrive does not have nearly that amount of free space. 

    Thinking that I would need a smaller mini dump file, I changed the dump from "complete" to "active" and then decided to install the latest proset drivers and software, because at least this is how i was able to stay in windows with the device half working (bluetooth only) without constant crashes. after the latest supported intel bluetooth and proset wireless drivers/software were installed, I changed the device installation settings to "no (your device might not work as expected)" so that manufacturer apps and custom icons available for my devices would not be automatically downloaded, i shut down to reinstall the 9260 adapter. after logging in, i went to the device manager, and the intel wireless-ac 9260 adapter had a down arrow next to the name. this is because the device status is: "This device is disabled. (Code 22). Click Enable Device to enable this device." after clicking enable, the PC crashed, with BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER error again. After the mini dump was finished I shut down and removed the intel wireless-ac 9260 from my motherboard so that I could log into windows to upload the dump file to dropbox (my one drive doesn’t have enough free space). Would you be able to send me a private message so i can send only you the memory dump share link?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments