intel wireless-ac 9260 blue screen crash when installing adapter

Anonymous
2018-06-04T18:03:04+00:00

installing intel Bluetooth drivers works fine, and this part of the 9260 actually works. but whenever the wireless adapter is recognized and initialized I receive a blue screen crash with code BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER. upon restart, the adapter has a "!" in the icon next to its name, and within properties the device status reads either code 56 or code 37, depending on the latest attempt I have made to uninstall the adapter and drivers and reinstall the intel proset wireless drivers. I've tried all of intel proset's supported versions for this wifi adapter, but every driver version results in a blue screen of death upon initialization of the adapter. again, Bluetooth still works, and that's why i'm very confused. why is half of the 9260 working while the other half, the wifi part, is not? is there any fix or workaround for this? thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-06-08T22:53:45+00:00

    Kinda gave up. no more responses from intel or microsoft. going to return the 9260. bought the asus pce-ac88 instead. much more expensive, but installed the drivers, installed the card, worked right away + insanely fast.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-06-08T22:36:10+00:00

    The card seems to work OK on my Dell system.  Downloaded the driver from Intel and no problems so far.

    My expected speed is no better than the 8265, probably because my Router only has 80 MHz wide bands.   Since you have been quiet recently, any progress with your system?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-06T15:07:26+00:00

    The card P/N ends in 610

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-06T14:19:07+00:00

    I was wondering if that was you on the Intel forum with this problem?

    While looking for a card to purchase, I noticed there are two versions of the 9260, or at least there appears to be.  It may not be relevant but one is designated for a vPro processor and one as NO vPro.

    Since I don't think your i9 processor is vPro, I will assume the part number on your card is G86C0007R610.  If the card has the last 3 numbers of 510, then it is supposed to be for a vPro processor.  Sorry to bother, but wanted to cover any possibilities.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-06-06T12:28:05+00:00

    Hi,

    I installed the latest intel wireless proset drivers on another fresh windows install, including the latest intel bluetooth drivers. from here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=9260

    I then typed msconfig into start menu and selected minimal safe boot. shut down, installed the intel wireless-ac 9260 module onto the motherboard, and started back up. the intel wireless-ac 9260 appeared under "network adapters" in the device manager, but it had a down arrow in the icon next to the name. device status said the device was disabled. Instead of enabling it, I clicked update driver-->browse my computer for driver software--> let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer. there were two 9260 drivers (probably because i had one from the download link above, and one driver on my desktop from intel's driver only download page (without software); i had attempted driver installation both ways from within windows 10 x64 before, as you may have read from earlier posts in this discussion, with no success and instant crashes upon driver installation. I selected the first of the two, clicked next, and no crash.

    So I was indeed able to update the driver in safe mode, but this is a minimal safe boot (did not select the "network" radio option).

    I restarted after the installation back into the same safe boot (minimal) and no crash, and the intel wireless-ac 9260 driver status shows "status is not available for this device when windows is running in safe mode."

    Typed msconfig to open system configuration to change boot option to "safe boot" with "network" radio option selected. and clicked "restart"

    After logging in, device manager showed a "!" in the icon next to the intel wireless-ac 9260 adapter name, and device status said "windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (code 37)  The request is not supported.

    I unchecked safe boot after this, and tried to restart into windows 10 x64. before login screen, i received a blue screen

    BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER

    At this point I removed the wifi module from the motherboard because the constant crashes and recovery attempts would lead to me reinstalling windows again without being able to grab the mini dump. uploaded minidump to dropbox, here is the share link.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ypx70fcfs653so5/MEMORY%20-safeboot%20driver%20install-restart%20to%20normal%20boot%20crash.DMP?dl=0

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments