intel wireless-ac 9260 blue screen crash when installing adapter

Anonymous
2018-06-04T18:03:04+00:00

installing intel Bluetooth drivers works fine, and this part of the 9260 actually works. but whenever the wireless adapter is recognized and initialized I receive a blue screen crash with code BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER. upon restart, the adapter has a "!" in the icon next to its name, and within properties the device status reads either code 56 or code 37, depending on the latest attempt I have made to uninstall the adapter and drivers and reinstall the intel proset wireless drivers. I've tried all of intel proset's supported versions for this wifi adapter, but every driver version results in a blue screen of death upon initialization of the adapter. again, Bluetooth still works, and that's why i'm very confused. why is half of the 9260 working while the other half, the wifi part, is not? is there any fix or workaround for this? thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-06-04T23:22:48+00:00

    Hi,

    It may help to look at the minidump files from the blue screen crashes.

    Can you zip up the minidump files in the C:\Windows\Minidump folder and make available (provide link) via a public folder on OneDrive or similar site.

    Here's a link on using OneDrive:

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/onedrive/sha...

    If you have problems zipping the minidump files copy the minidump files to another location such as a folder on the Desktop.

    Also, you do not necessarily have to zip up the minidump files, you can upload them one at a time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-06-04T23:14:17+00:00

    I see a cover for an M.2 slot which shows Wireless, close to the center in the back.  I do not see any antenna wires, does your system have some installed?  If so, do you have the white wire on the white connector?

    Have you checked to make sure you are not overlapping devices by using devices which may share resources.

    The max speed on those things is very fast which means it has capabilities beyond the normal 8265s and others like that.  Does your manual specify what type of Wireless cards you can use?  Do you have a compatible wireless router, if it were to need one?

    @Saltgrass.

    What image are you referring to? please read above, the card is half working as I am able to get bluetooth drivers to install for the 9260 adapter. the issue is that windows keeps crashing when trying to install any of the compatible intel wireless drivers for the 9260 adapter. No change in my router is going to fix a 9260 driver installation crashing issue.

    As to making sure I am not overlapping devices, yes, I even tried disabling the onboard LAN and uninstalling the onboard LAN adapter and driver. no luck.

    I do have antenna wires hooked onto my 9260, and they go to a pci-e expansion door with cutouts for antennas. everything is installed properly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-04T22:46:23+00:00

    also, just for the record, the last attempt was with windows 10 x64 version 10.0.15063 build 15063. and I will be trying the intel wireless driver version 20.10.2 with that same windows build now (after a forced system reset due to constant crashing after the first attempt).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-04T22:44:25+00:00

    Hi, that driver version 20.0.2 does not support the intel wireless-ac 9260

    here is a copy and paste from intelhttps://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27203/Wireless-Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10

    Software and drivers

    Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software (includes drivers) for Windows® 10:

    • WiFi_20.0.2_PROSet64_Win10.exe
    • WiFi_20.0.2_PROSet32_Win10.exe

    Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software version = 20.0.2

    • Driver version = 20.0.2.3 for Windows 10 for 18265, 8265, 18260, 8260 adapters.
    • Driver version = 19.51.7.2 for Windows 10 for 3168, 3165, and 17265 adapters.
    • Driver version = 18.33.9.3 for Windows 10 for 7265, 3160, and 7260 adapters.

    Version: 20.10.2 does support the 9260 adapter, so I will try that one as it is the oldest one available that supports the 9260.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-06-04T22:41:30+00:00

    I see a cover for an M.2 slot which shows Wireless, close to the center in the back.  I do not see any antenna wires, does your system have some installed?  If so, do you have the white wire on the white connector?

    Have you checked to make sure you are not overlapping devices by using devices which may share resources.

    The max speed on those things is very fast which means it has capabilities beyond the normal 8265s and others like that.  Does your manual specify what type of Wireless cards you can use?  Do you have a compatible wireless router, if it were to need one?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments