intel wireless-ac 9260 blue screen crash when installing adapter

Anonymous
2018-06-04T18:03:04+00:00

installing intel Bluetooth drivers works fine, and this part of the 9260 actually works. but whenever the wireless adapter is recognized and initialized I receive a blue screen crash with code BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER. upon restart, the adapter has a "!" in the icon next to its name, and within properties the device status reads either code 56 or code 37, depending on the latest attempt I have made to uninstall the adapter and drivers and reinstall the intel proset wireless drivers. I've tried all of intel proset's supported versions for this wifi adapter, but every driver version results in a blue screen of death upon initialization of the adapter. again, Bluetooth still works, and that's why i'm very confused. why is half of the 9260 working while the other half, the wifi part, is not? is there any fix or workaround for this? thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-06-12T17:01:01+00:00

    I was looking through your listing and some of the ways it differs from my ASUS system which uses a Realtek Wi-Fi.

    Your first entry, 4042, has the comment about Suspect ArpProbeFailed.  I was looking for that one line and found something you should be able to check out.  I will give you a link but you may want to do a search yourself.  I checked the "Neighbors" on my system and had quite a few loaded.  Some were permanent or Stale or Unreachable.  Since you have a new system, this sort of thing might not be involved with your system.  I was wondering if this is related to some type of Enterprise configuration.

    The link shows commands to delete the Cache if it might be corrupted, which are netsh Interface IPv4 commands.

    https://www.techrepublic.com/blog/data-center/look-to-the-arp-cache-when-troubleshooting-flaky-connectivity-issues/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-06-12T15:16:16+00:00

    I am not sure I would agree with all the changes you made.  I have seen comments regarding the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual adapter but make sure and keep a listing of what you did so you can undo it when needed.

    I tried using the command you may have used to create the wlan report but mine would not complete.  Not sure why but it tells me I need to have admin permissions, which I do have already.  The command does complete on another system that does not have a 9260.

    netsh wlan show wlanreport

    The number of the OEM.inf file is not important and you can read it in notepad.  Look in the Windows\INF folder to find it.  It will show what company created the file.

    Otherwise, the listing you show and some items in the listings my be a sign of a problem or possibly the result of a problem.  I still do not understand why you were having the initial Blue Screens.  Your motherboard's manufacturer community forum might be the best place to discuss that original problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-12T09:10:26+00:00

    This is what mine shows. I see that I don't have a "device started (Netwtw06)" as the last event, and my "Device configured" has "(oem4.inf)" instead of your "(oem67.inf)"

    after creating a wlan report, the only thing I can see around when the internet loses connectivity and when windows automatically tries to disable and re-enable the adapter is this:

    4042

    2018-06-11T17:08:03

    [‒]Capability change on {924F6B6B-1993-4A54-A5D1-40DFA01973D5} (0x47008000000000 Family: V4 Capability: None ChangeReason: SuspectArpProbeFailed)

    11004

    2018-06-11T17:08:03

    [+]Wireless security stopped.

    Network Adapter: Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260

    Interface GUID: {924F6B6B-1993-4A54-A5D1-40DFA01973D5}

    Local MAC Address: E4:70:B8:FF:A5:64

    Network SSID: FBI_VAN_50

    BSS Type: Infrastructure

    Security Hint: The operation was successful.

    11010

    2018-06-11T17:08:03

    [+]Wireless security started.

    Network Adapter: Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260

    Interface GUID: {924F6B6B-1993-4A54-A5D1-40DFA01973D5}

    Local MAC Address: E4:70:B8:FF:A5:64

    Network SSID: FBI_VAN_50

    BSS Type: Infrastructure

    Authentication: WPA2-Personal

    Encryption: AES-CCMP

    FIPS Mode: Disabled

    802.1x Enabled: No

    11005

    2018-06-11T17:08:03

    [+]Wireless security succeeded.

    Network Adapter: Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260

    Interface GUID: {924F6B6B-1993-4A54-A5D1-40DFA01973D5}

    Local MAC Address: E4:70:B8:FF:A5:64

    Network SSID: FBI_VAN_50

    BSS Type: Infrastructure

    4042

    2018-06-11T17:08:03

    [‒]Capability change on {924F6B6B-1993-4A54-A5D1-40DFA01973D5} (0x47008000000000 Family: V4 Capability: Internet ChangeReason: ActiveHttpProbeSucceeded)

    I decided to upgrade windows to the april update to see if that would help, but it didn't and gave my computer another issue where the wifi adapter would not automatically connect to the saved wireless network after restarting. So after digging around on the web I started tinkering with some success (knock on wood)

    I've taken the following steps, so some level of success (not completely):

    1. device manager --> network adapters

    right click on "Microsoft wi-fi direct virtual adapter" and select "disable device"

    right click on intel wireless-ac 9260 and select properties

    Power management tab

    uncheck "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

    Advanced tab

    Property pane:

    Roaming Aggressiveness: select "1. Lowest"

    Throughput Booster: select "enabled"

    U-APSD support: "disabled"

    Click "OK" to exit and save changes

    1. I noticed in my wifi router a UPNP thing called "teredo" with the IP of my computer. not sure if this had anything to do with the frequent disconnects, but i saw it is IPv6 tunneling, so i made a decision to disable ipv6 from the adapter

    Control Panel-->Network and Internet-->Network and Sharing Center

    right click on connections: Wi-Fi ([SSID NAME])

    click properties

    "This connection uses the following items" pane

    uncheck "Microsoft network adapter multiplexor Protocol"

    uncheck "Microsoft LLDP Protocol Driver"

    uncheck "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)"

    Click "OK" to exit and save changes

    1. **this step 3 solves the issue of windows 10 not automatically connecting to saved wireless network connection"

    Click windows start

    type "regedit"

    HKEY_Local_Machine-->Software-->Policies-->Microsoft-->Windows-->WcmSvc

    select "GroupPolicy" or if "GroupPolicy" does not exist then right click on "WcmSvc" and select New-->Key and name it "GroupPolicy"

    right click on right pane after selecting "GroupPolicy" key and select New-->DWORD (32-bit) Value

    and name it "fMinimizeConnections"

    exit regedit

    1. Click windows start

    type "settings" or click the cog wheel icon to enter Windows Settings

    select "Network & Internet"

    Select "Status" from left pane

    Select "change connection properties"

    select "Private"

    exit settings

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-12T01:20:46+00:00

    I haven't seen the situation yet but I don't use my systems all the time.  I will let it run for a while and see what happens. 

    Does your system show something like this in Device Manager-properties of the network adapter and Events tab?  Note all entries are on 6/8 which is when I installed the device.  Nothing today as far as losing the connection or reinstalls.

    I have seen many threads about a wireless device not being able to maintain a connection or re-establish a connection.  On instance I have seen is on a Dell 13 9370 which has a Killer Wireless 1435.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments