you'll need a new app to open this ms-gaming overlay (windows 10 1803)

Anonymous
2018-05-27T12:47:02+00:00

Every time I try to use the game bar, this pops up

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-02-18T13:43:26+00:00

    This solution, to go and turn off "record game clips, screenshots and broadcasting using game bar" under the Game Bar tab which is in the Gaming tab in Windows settings, is the one that worked for me.  I turned the aforementioned tab off and the message went away immediately.  I also ended up having to reinstall Windows though, because it turned out that I had some corrupt or missing Windows files, but disabling the "record game clips" setting did work as a short term solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-02-19T00:47:02+00:00

    Thank you very much. I tried several of the suggested solutions including downloading suggested programs without any results that work and just involved a lot of wasted time. Your solution and a couple of click, BINGO problem solved.

    oldswede

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-02-19T04:04:11+00:00

    Every time I try to use the game bar, this pops up

    i for got my password

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-02-19T04:05:21+00:00

    Every time I try to use the game bar, this pops up

    i for got my password

    whats up

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-02-19T04:08:21+00:00

    Do you have Discord installed? If so, I would try uninstall it to see if it resolves the problem.

    yes i do have  a problem with uninstall some of my things

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments