Windows Media Player Bluetooth controls PLAY/PAUSE no longer working after Windows 10 1803 update

Anonymous
2018-05-16T00:41:28+00:00

Anybody having any issues with Windows Media Player Bluetooth controls not working anymore? I have Bose QC35s and Jaybird X3s. Both sets of earphones can no longer Play/Pause/Fast Forward anymore. I did the update on 3 different PCs. All have the same issue. To make sure that it wasn't driver issue I also tested Groove Music Player and all Bluetooth functions work 100% properly. If I roll back Windows to version 1709 everything works normally. I contacted MS support and also tried following issues below on one of the PCs and its still not working.

  • Deleted all Bluetooth devices in device manager
  • Created another user account
  • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, Sfc /scan now
  • Disabled all non Microsoft services and rebooted

Since this is 3 different PCs (including a Microsoft Surface book) all having the same issue, I think this may be a Windows 10 1803 Bug. Anybody else have any other ideas or can confirm this is a bug. Thanks in advance for any help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

77 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-07-22T16:30:11+00:00

    Same issue here, but I spent two full hours researching and happened on this by accident.  I don't mind mistakes - they happen.  But to be completely silent and not proactive just pisses everyone off and wastes times.  Like mine.

    Where can I send a bill?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-07-24T07:29:39+00:00

    Seriously, this is the very first time I see this... NOBODY of Microsoft answers... 3 MONTHS!!!! are you kidding??? I need a Microsoft Moderator to answer on this very very important topic, you remove on purpose a very much needed basic function, and you dont event care to answer and say anything about it??? Cmon lets be professional and answer us now Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2018-07-25T23:06:12+00:00

    I have the same issue on my Parrot headset, not only on WMP but on all software using the standard interfaces were used to perfectly works before 1803 version update. This happens on 4 different system (2 custom desktops, 1 Dell laptop and a Surface Pro 3). 

    Moreover, I got control panel elements, pc settings, and different processes (svchost and audiodg) hangs when try to open a control panel (new or old style) related to audio when a BT audio headset is connected on any of my PCs.

    Here is an example:

    - <Event xmlns="**http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event**">

    - <System>

    <Provider Name="Application Hang" />

    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>

    <Level>2</Level>

    <Task>101</Task>

    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-07-25T23:07:45.100812200Z" />

    <EventRecordID>8898</EventRecordID>

    <Channel>Application</Channel>

    <Computer>DESKTOP-ALESSIO</Computer>

    <Security />

    </System>

    - <EventData>

    <Data>SystemSettings.exe</Data>

    <Data>10.0.17134.112</Data>

    <Data>2650</Data>

    <Data>01d4246c306b11df</Data>

    <Data>4294967295</Data>

    <Data>C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe</Data>

    <Data>8b965309-c66d-4488-a1e6-fdd3cbdc1a72</Data>

    <Data>windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.2.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy</Data>

    <Data>microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel</Data>

    <Binary>430072006F00730073002D007400680072006500610064000000430072006F00730073002D00700072006F00630065007300730000000000</Binary>

    </EventData>

    </Event>

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-07-25T23:34:57+00:00

    Any Microsoft MVP???? Are you there??? Helloooo???

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments