LOL.. I phased it out years ago.. Anyway, after 1709 (last version it worked).. These BT media keys don't work in PotPlayer, VLC, MPC, BS Player, Foobar2000 and a few others. When I click pause, it opens a black Cortana screen. I heard others say it works in Groove, but I can't confirm since I ripped it out using PowerShell years ago because it hounded me in the "play with" dialog to try using Groove.. every time. Either way, this is a bad move to strip the intended apps from accessing tech that was made for them.. made even worse because it's Cortana.. the surveillance bot everyone loves to hate, and can't remove.
Windows Media Player Bluetooth controls PLAY/PAUSE no longer working after Windows 10 1803 update
Anybody having any issues with Windows Media Player Bluetooth controls not working anymore? I have Bose QC35s and Jaybird X3s. Both sets of earphones can no longer Play/Pause/Fast Forward anymore. I did the update on 3 different PCs. All have the same issue. To make sure that it wasn't driver issue I also tested Groove Music Player and all Bluetooth functions work 100% properly. If I roll back Windows to version 1709 everything works normally. I contacted MS support and also tried following issues below on one of the PCs and its still not working.
- Deleted all Bluetooth devices in device manager
- Created another user account
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, Sfc /scan now
- Disabled all non Microsoft services and rebooted
Since this is 3 different PCs (including a Microsoft Surface book) all having the same issue, I think this may be a Windows 10 1803 Bug. Anybody else have any other ideas or can confirm this is a bug. Thanks in advance for any help.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
77 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2018-11-22T03:41:59+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-11-29T15:39:16+00:00 I installed the latest update last night (1809). It installed without any issues, and my Bluetooth headset controls are working again.
Does anyone if there is a way to have these controls work when the screen is locked as well?
-
Anonymous
2018-12-08T08:55:01+00:00 My bluetooth headphones controls can no longer navigate windows media player either
-
Anonymous
2018-12-14T16:22:10+00:00 I updated to 1809 today and can confirm that the problem is fixed in this release. I think this thread should be closed.
-
Anonymous
2018-12-14T16:23:41+00:00 I think there is a way if the app supports lock screen controls. For example new foobar2000 versions can do this. Otherwise there is no way because there are no media key handlers on lock screen I think.