Windows Media Player Bluetooth controls PLAY/PAUSE no longer working after Windows 10 1803 update

Anonymous
2018-05-16T00:41:28+00:00

Anybody having any issues with Windows Media Player Bluetooth controls not working anymore? I have Bose QC35s and Jaybird X3s. Both sets of earphones can no longer Play/Pause/Fast Forward anymore. I did the update on 3 different PCs. All have the same issue. To make sure that it wasn't driver issue I also tested Groove Music Player and all Bluetooth functions work 100% properly. If I roll back Windows to version 1709 everything works normally. I contacted MS support and also tried following issues below on one of the PCs and its still not working.

  • Deleted all Bluetooth devices in device manager
  • Created another user account
  • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, Sfc /scan now
  • Disabled all non Microsoft services and rebooted

Since this is 3 different PCs (including a Microsoft Surface book) all having the same issue, I think this may be a Windows 10 1803 Bug. Anybody else have any other ideas or can confirm this is a bug. Thanks in advance for any help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

77 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-09-25T00:41:10+00:00

    I have the same issue on latest Win10 build 1803.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-10-03T19:01:26+00:00

    I happy to report than the Windows 10 1809 update that was release oct-02 finally fixed the problem.

    Play/Pause Prev/Next buttons work as expected.

    Tested with the earstudio es100.

    Hope this all ordeal is behind us now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-10-07T18:10:28+00:00

    I happy to report than the Windows 10 1809 update that was release oct-02 finally fixed the problem.

    Play/Pause Prev/Next buttons work as expected.

    Tested with the earstudio es100.

    Hope this all ordeal is behind us now.

    Heads-up -- that's the release that, for some users, deletes files stored in mydocs, pictures, etc., during the upgrade process. I believe MSFT has pulled that release until they figure out what is going on...

    Marc

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-10-18T07:02:10+00:00

    Seriously what is this crap. I thought my newly bought Bluetooth headset had faulty buttons, but yet they worked with my iPhone. 

    I had just converted from MacBook to Windows and this happens. Ultra disappointing.

    Is there anyone from Microsoft reading this thread???

    Is there going to be a patch or fix???????

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-11-07T17:30:26+00:00

    Can Microsoft place an hot fix without trying to delete my file by using 1809?

    It's ssssssssssssssssssssssssssuper annoying without pause and play button.

    Is all the CSR/ENGINEERING TEAM DYING WITHOUT SEEING PEOPLE YELLING FOR F***ING 7 MONTHS?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments