Yes this is an issue with Media Player.
Can you put in MS feedback?
More people give feedback the more chance it will get fixed quicker.
And sorry for the troubles.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Anybody having any issues with Windows Media Player Bluetooth controls not working anymore? I have Bose QC35s and Jaybird X3s. Both sets of earphones can no longer Play/Pause/Fast Forward anymore. I did the update on 3 different PCs. All have the same issue. To make sure that it wasn't driver issue I also tested Groove Music Player and all Bluetooth functions work 100% properly. If I roll back Windows to version 1709 everything works normally. I contacted MS support and also tried following issues below on one of the PCs and its still not working.
Since this is 3 different PCs (including a Microsoft Surface book) all having the same issue, I think this may be a Windows 10 1803 Bug. Anybody else have any other ideas or can confirm this is a bug. Thanks in advance for any help.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Yes this is an issue with Media Player.
Can you put in MS feedback?
More people give feedback the more chance it will get fixed quicker.
And sorry for the troubles.
Yes this is an issue with Media Player.
Can you put in MS feedback?
More people give feedback the more chance it will get fixed quicker.
And sorry for the troubles.
I am experiencing the same exact problem. Immediately after the most recent Windows update, I noticed that my Bluetooth headset was no longer able to skip to the next or previous music track, pause/play or fast-forward/rewind. I tested my headset on my Android phone and the functions still work fine, but it no longer works with the most recent version of Windows 10. "Only" the volume control worked. Then once I restored to the previous version of Windows 10, all of the functions began working again on my headset, so there is definitely a bug within the latest version of Windows.
I have the same exact problem and I've tried 3 different Bluetooth headphones. Volume control works with the Bluetooth, but not pause or play. Tried to use the Feedback Hub app to bring this to Microsoft's attention, but the app doesn't work.
Launch the Windows System Restore tool and restore to the previous Windows image (before the last update). That is what I did and all the functions are working again on my blue tooth headset. Hopefully Microsoft will figure out the bug and correct it for the next update.
Rolling back to previous version of Windows simply prolongs the inevitable. Windows will download the new version of Windows again and auto-update it. One day when you come home from work or leave you PC idle and do a reboot they will hook you up! You have to go though great lengths to disable all auto updates. Group Policy editor will slow it down, but windows has a habit of undoing your changes.