I installed the latest update last night (1809). It installed without any issues, and my Bluetooth headset controls are working again.
Does anyone if there is a way to have these controls work when the screen is locked as well?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Anybody having any issues with Windows Media Player Bluetooth controls not working anymore? I have Bose QC35s and Jaybird X3s. Both sets of earphones can no longer Play/Pause/Fast Forward anymore. I did the update on 3 different PCs. All have the same issue. To make sure that it wasn't driver issue I also tested Groove Music Player and all Bluetooth functions work 100% properly. If I roll back Windows to version 1709 everything works normally. I contacted MS support and also tried following issues below on one of the PCs and its still not working.
Since this is 3 different PCs (including a Microsoft Surface book) all having the same issue, I think this may be a Windows 10 1803 Bug. Anybody else have any other ideas or can confirm this is a bug. Thanks in advance for any help.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I installed the latest update last night (1809). It installed without any issues, and my Bluetooth headset controls are working again.
Does anyone if there is a way to have these controls work when the screen is locked as well?
LOL.. I phased it out years ago.. Anyway, after 1709 (last version it worked).. These BT media keys don't work in PotPlayer, VLC, MPC, BS Player, Foobar2000 and a few others. When I click pause, it opens a black Cortana screen. I heard others say it works in Groove, but I can't confirm since I ripped it out using PowerShell years ago because it hounded me in the "play with" dialog to try using Groove.. every time. Either way, this is a bad move to strip the intended apps from accessing tech that was made for them.. made even worse because it's Cortana.. the surveillance bot everyone loves to hate, and can't remove.
Can Microsoft place an hot fix without trying to delete my file by using 1809?
It's ssssssssssssssssssssssssssuper annoying without pause and play button.
Is all the CSR/ENGINEERING TEAM DYING WITHOUT SEEING PEOPLE YELLING FOR F***ING 7 MONTHS?
Seriously what is this crap. I thought my newly bought Bluetooth headset had faulty buttons, but yet they worked with my iPhone.
I had just converted from MacBook to Windows and this happens. Ultra disappointing.
Is there anyone from Microsoft reading this thread???
Is there going to be a patch or fix???????
I happy to report than the Windows 10 1809 update that was release oct-02 finally fixed the problem.
Play/Pause Prev/Next buttons work as expected.
Tested with the earstudio es100.
Hope this all ordeal is behind us now.
Heads-up -- that's the release that, for some users, deletes files stored in mydocs, pictures, etc., during the upgrade process. I believe MSFT has pulled that release until they figure out what is going on...
Marc