Windows Media Player Bluetooth controls PLAY/PAUSE no longer working after Windows 10 1803 update

Anonymous
2018-05-16T00:41:28+00:00

Anybody having any issues with Windows Media Player Bluetooth controls not working anymore? I have Bose QC35s and Jaybird X3s. Both sets of earphones can no longer Play/Pause/Fast Forward anymore. I did the update on 3 different PCs. All have the same issue. To make sure that it wasn't driver issue I also tested Groove Music Player and all Bluetooth functions work 100% properly. If I roll back Windows to version 1709 everything works normally. I contacted MS support and also tried following issues below on one of the PCs and its still not working.

  • Deleted all Bluetooth devices in device manager
  • Created another user account
  • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, Sfc /scan now
  • Disabled all non Microsoft services and rebooted

Since this is 3 different PCs (including a Microsoft Surface book) all having the same issue, I think this may be a Windows 10 1803 Bug. Anybody else have any other ideas or can confirm this is a bug. Thanks in advance for any help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

77 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-12-16T18:51:03+00:00

    I think there is a way if the app supports lock screen controls. For example new foobar2000 versions can do this. Otherwise there is no way because there are no media key handlers on lock screen I think.

    Thanks, appreciate the info.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-12-14T21:41:33+00:00

    I updated to 1809 today and can confirm that the problem is fixed in this release. I think this thread should be closed.

    Yes thanks you are correct this problem is now solved with the latest update!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-12-14T16:23:41+00:00

    I think there is a way if the app supports lock screen controls. For example new foobar2000 versions can do this. Otherwise there is no way because there are no media key handlers on lock screen I think.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-12-14T16:22:10+00:00

    I updated to 1809 today and can confirm that the problem is fixed in this release. I think this thread should be closed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-12-08T08:55:01+00:00

    My bluetooth headphones controls can no longer navigate windows media player either

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments