Windows Media Player Bluetooth controls PLAY/PAUSE no longer working after Windows 10 1803 update

Anonymous
2018-05-16T00:41:28+00:00

Anybody having any issues with Windows Media Player Bluetooth controls not working anymore? I have Bose QC35s and Jaybird X3s. Both sets of earphones can no longer Play/Pause/Fast Forward anymore. I did the update on 3 different PCs. All have the same issue. To make sure that it wasn't driver issue I also tested Groove Music Player and all Bluetooth functions work 100% properly. If I roll back Windows to version 1709 everything works normally. I contacted MS support and also tried following issues below on one of the PCs and its still not working.

  • Deleted all Bluetooth devices in device manager
  • Created another user account
  • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, Sfc /scan now
  • Disabled all non Microsoft services and rebooted

Since this is 3 different PCs (including a Microsoft Surface book) all having the same issue, I think this may be a Windows 10 1803 Bug. Anybody else have any other ideas or can confirm this is a bug. Thanks in advance for any help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

77 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-08-26T19:06:28+00:00

    I have the same problem. Super annoying. Every bluetooth control with my Sony MDR 1000x headset was working flawlessly before and suddenly it didnt work anymore. So, I realized a forced update was done and now I know it is the update 1803 which is flawed. 

    I also noticed that when connected to the computer via bluetooth (for only sound and volume up and down) eventually I would either have to restart the computer or repair the headset, to continue being connected to the computer with the headset. Happens if I ie. let the computer run, without sleep or reboot, for 1-2 days. 

    I suspect that also is related to the 1803 update. 

    They should publish a fix. This is totally unacceptable. 

    Have at least disabled forced updates as best I can, so now I will try to revert back to the update mentioned by someone here, so that I can continue using the bluetooth controls, which worked before.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-08-20T22:12:43+00:00

    This kind of feels like forced obcelescance. You think Microsoft will try to quietly phase out the windows media platform?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2018-08-11T12:30:56+00:00

    Having the same issue.......... Blutooh headset controls do not work with Win Media Player....and the indifference of Microsoft towards this issue is really annoying.

    SOLVE IT

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-08-10T17:43:14+00:00

    I have the same issue I think.  I was using a Bluetooth speaker with VLC player.  Everything was working well with the controls from the speaker until...one day they didn't.  I thought my speaker was broken.  So I got a new bluetooth speaker.    Same issue though.  I figured maybe it was VLC player, so I started trying different players.  Windows media player didn't work, Itunes didn't work, Winamp didn't work.  I couldn't control the media player remotely.  Then I discovered that if I used Groove Music Player I can control it.  But that player cant support my huge music collection.  But I now know that it isn't my speakers.  In fact both the new one and the old one that wasn't broken can control Groove player.  Anyone else tried groove player yet? I have spent hours figuring this out and got a new speaker I didn't need.  Microsoft needs to fix this!

    Yes, Groove Music player works with my Bluetooth headset; it does not work with any others currently. In agreement that Microsoft does need to fix this...

    Thank you for sharing your findings!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments