Hi Winnie5560,
In Device Manager, right click that device and choose 'Disable' - don't uninstall it as Windows will just re-install it.
That should stop the popups you are getting !!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
What is this? Under device manager, Imaging Devices, shows orange exclamation mark; tried to update but here is information under Properties:
This device cannot start. (Code 10)
The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device.
Device ROOT\IMAGE\0001 was deleted.
Class Guid: {6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}
I also tried troubleshooting under Hardware & Devices but problem is unresolved. Can I uninstall this?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Winnie5560,
In Device Manager, right click that device and choose 'Disable' - don't uninstall it as Windows will just re-install it.
That should stop the popups you are getting !!
Hi Winnie, before doing anything, is everything on your PC ans Printer working as expected?
If everything is working properly, then do nothing, since that is a Kyocera Printer driver, it is more than likely that Windows Update has made a mistake in installing that driver - leave well enough lone - it is not doing harm where it is !
Hi Dave,
Everything is working well on my printer. I checked Programs & Features and I can't find a Kyocera printer/scanner in the que. The only issue is that I keep getting pop ups from Windows Defender Security Centre, Device Performance & Health, Device Driver message: "One or more devices may not be working properly. Run the Hardware Device Troubleshooter to try and resolve this." After running the troubleshooter, the issue persists. It's not a major issue, just annoying.
Hi Dave,
Thanks so much for the assistance.
I have disabled the 260ci WIA Driver USB on Device Manager.
In Windows Defender, Device Performance & Health, Device Driver- the message is gone!
Hopefully, this will stay resolved.
Glad to help, if you have any more questions, please contact us here at MS Community!