260ci WIA Driver USB problem

Anonymous
2018-04-18T16:58:51+00:00

What is this?  Under device manager, Imaging Devices,  shows orange exclamation mark; tried to update but here is information under Properties: 

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device.

Device ROOT\IMAGE\0001 was deleted.

Class Guid: {6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}

I also tried troubleshooting under Hardware & Devices but problem is unresolved. Can I uninstall this?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2018-04-18T18:11:29+00:00

Hi Winnie5560,

In Device Manager, right click that device and choose 'Disable' - don't uninstall it as Windows will just re-install it.

That should stop the popups you are getting !!

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2018-04-18T17:15:25+00:00

    Hi Winnie,

    That guid refers to a camera or more likely a scanner . ..

    Right click that device in Device Manager, choose Properties

    Click on the Details Tab and change the Property Drop down to Hardware ID's

    Right click the top line in the resulting list and choose Copy

    Paste that line in here and I will help with identifying that device . . .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-04-18T17:34:53+00:00

    Hello Dave,

    Thanks for your prompt response.

    Here is the info:

    usb\vid_0482&pid_061d&mi_01

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2018-04-18T17:46:46+00:00

    Hi Winnie5560, do you have a Kyocera printer or printer/scanner?

    If so you need to reinstall the software and driver for that device . . .

    If you have a Kyocera device what is the Model No. of that device

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-04-18T17:56:58+00:00

    Hi Dave,

    I do not have a Kyocera printer/scanner; not sure if I ever had one!  I currently have a Canon Image Class printer/scanner.  Do you think it would be safe to uninstall this from Device Manager?

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments