260ci WIA Driver USB problem

Anonymous
2018-04-18T16:58:51+00:00

What is this?  Under device manager, Imaging Devices,  shows orange exclamation mark; tried to update but here is information under Properties: 

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device.

Device ROOT\IMAGE\0001 was deleted.

Class Guid: {6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}

I also tried troubleshooting under Hardware & Devices but problem is unresolved. Can I uninstall this?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2018-04-18T18:11:29+00:00

Hi Winnie5560,

In Device Manager, right click that device and choose 'Disable' - don't uninstall it as Windows will just re-install it.

That should stop the popups you are getting !!

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-17T16:02:46+00:00

    Hello  Joaodos Santon Lima,

    Please read the post reply dated April 18 2018 for the fix on this issue.  

    I have no further information on this issue but the suggestion seemed to work.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-17T15:24:00+00:00

    What is this?  Under device manager, Imaging Devices,  shows orange exclamation mark; tried to update but here is information under Properties: 

    This device cannot start. (Code 10)

    The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device.

    Device ROOT\IMAGE\0001 was deleted.

    Class Guid: {6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}

    I also tried troubleshooting under Hardware & Devices but problem is unresolved. Can I uninstall this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-01T17:35:38+00:00

    Hi LexiLopez1,

    I am not very computer technical but can give you basic instructions:

    Go to Device Manager (control panel)

    Find Imaging devices and click on sub folder: Kyocera 

    Right click and disable

    I am not certain why this driver exists as I never had a Kyocera printer/scanner.

    Hope this works for you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-01T16:46:41+00:00

    Hi!! I am having this exact same issue and followed your instructions, can you help me?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments