260ci WIA Driver USB problem

Anonymous
2018-04-18T16:58:51+00:00

What is this?  Under device manager, Imaging Devices,  shows orange exclamation mark; tried to update but here is information under Properties: 

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device.

Device ROOT\IMAGE\0001 was deleted.

Class Guid: {6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}

I also tried troubleshooting under Hardware & Devices but problem is unresolved. Can I uninstall this?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2018-04-18T18:11:29+00:00

Hi Winnie5560,

In Device Manager, right click that device and choose 'Disable' - don't uninstall it as Windows will just re-install it.

That should stop the popups you are getting !!

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-09-11T19:07:42+00:00

    asasasdsad

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-08-17T04:22:13+00:00

    I reinstalled the printer and it has all been well since then

    I am pleased to say.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-08-15T22:45:09+00:00

    Hey dave. I have the same issue with the error message descried in the thread. I have an HP Office Jet Pro and the HP scanning software flat out does not work. I use windows scanner and its fine, but I have other pc's with Canon printer/scanner and the same thing. I can never get the OEM scanner software to work, but I can always get windows fax and scan to do it. I mention this as a general problem wiht all OEM all-in-ones i have. Is there a chance this driver error is related to that? I hate the answer to be "disable it" because there is sme real problem underneath. My diagnostic scans always say it's found and updated and restart my PC. It never works. I'm happy to disable, but I'm not sure what the root cause is. Any thoughts?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-06-28T22:14:59+00:00

    Hola, Winnie5560.

    En el Administrador de dispositivos, haga clic con el botón derecho en ese dispositivo y elija 'Desactivar'; no lo desinstale, ya que Windows lo reinstalará.

    Eso debería detener las ventanas emergentes que estás recibiendo!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments