I would prefer Legacy mode with MBR. There has been lot of issues with extra drive letters an multiple OEM partitions in UEFI/GPT.
AMEN BROTHER. Bios MBR is the way to go.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
PC won't boot and I'm done attempting a repair. Finished.
I would like to start from scratch but would like to install the OS GPT vs MBR which I had originally done.
I originally upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate Edition before the 10 upgrade for free expired so I don't have a key. What's the best trouble free method? I also installed with a legacy BIOS (Award Software Int.) but the motherboard (Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 rev 1.0) is UEFI capable.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I would prefer Legacy mode with MBR. There has been lot of issues with extra drive letters an multiple OEM partitions in UEFI/GPT.
AMEN BROTHER. Bios MBR is the way to go.
Ya I remember the good old days. Not as far back as you. LOL, OLD MAN. Well I am 52, so not a young pup either.
You have a good night lacrumb.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
You trying to tell me something. lmao, I have did hundreds of installs without preparing drives too. Stick the disk in and go. This gets funnier by the minute.
Maybe post to the OP, not me. I am years ahead of you son. LOL.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more