Its the delete key on mine
Windows 10 clean install
PC won't boot and I'm done attempting a repair. Finished.
I would like to start from scratch but would like to install the OS GPT vs MBR which I had originally done.
I originally upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate Edition before the 10 upgrade for free expired so I don't have a key. What's the best trouble free method? I also installed with a legacy BIOS (Award Software Int.) but the motherboard (Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 rev 1.0) is UEFI capable.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2018-05-07T08:50:52+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-05-07T08:46:25+00:00 When you start your computer there is an screen that shows the computer type, at the bottom of the screen there is a message of how to get to the BIOS. It may be an f key or just enter. It can be quick.
-
Anonymous
2018-05-07T08:20:19+00:00 The computer was activated after the upgrade to 10 from 7 Ultimate.
I'm not able to download and install anything given the PC will not boot into Windows. I can only get into the BIOS or Windows recovery options via bootable USB which I tried and the repair option failed. No luck with the system restore option as well.
Motherboard:
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z68XP-UD3-rev-10#support-dl-bios
-
Anonymous
2018-05-07T08:13:13+00:00 I do believe my BIOS (Award Software Int.) has an option to enable/disable UEFI within. Motherboard is the following: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z68XP-UD3-rev-10#support-dl-bios and it's currently in IDE mode using the legacy F10 03/21/2012 version BIOS.
I'm not able to boot into Windows but I can get into the BIOS. Tried to run a repair but that failed (from bootable USB) using the Create Windows 10 install media.
Looking at the manual the UEFI option in the BIOS is...file:///C:/Users/JEFloyd/Downloads/mb_manual_ga-z68xp-ud3-(issd)_e.pdf
EFI CD/DVD Boot Option Default: Auto
Quick Boot Default: Disabled
-
Anonymous
2018-05-07T07:58:45+00:00 Download the Media Creation Tool and install.
Media Creation Tool US; Read the instructions.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
.
If the computer was activated there is no longer a need for a key.
When asked for a key just go to the bottom of the page and click on Skip, Do this later, or I do not have one.