Windows 10 clean install

Anonymous
2018-05-07T07:39:02+00:00

PC won't boot and I'm done attempting a repair. Finished.

I would like to start from scratch but would like to install the OS GPT vs MBR which I had originally done. 

I originally upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate Edition before the 10 upgrade for free expired so I don't have a key. What's the best trouble free method? I also installed with a legacy BIOS (Award Software Int.) but the motherboard (Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 rev 1.0) is UEFI capable.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-08T05:42:48+00:00

    As you have said you work on lots.  But there are those that have only a couple and have never had any more.

    I can remember taking my son to his Air Force base and hauling in in his desktop computer and one of the other kids asked what it was  and when my soon said it was a 386 the other kid said that he got a 486 for Christmas.  My comment to the kid was that my son had built his computer.  He became the one that they asked their questions to.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-08T05:39:08+00:00

    Question 4 ya. What if nobody keeps their saved installer files in Download Folder and in a different folder. Should they still copy the EMPTY download folder to an external storage location???????

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-08T05:34:22+00:00

    Ya that one is kind of a NO BRAINER. Keep you install media disks stored safely and keep backup of all installer files.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-08T05:32:13+00:00

    its because you both don't know jack poo. I bet neither one of you have ever set up a drive. I would bet $1000.00 on it. Didn't you fling poo chips couple nights ago there Pauly. LOL. This site is FULL of uneducated wanna be clowns that my 10 year old grandson would make you look real dumb like you really are.

    Come on over to my business and show me how to do the computer thing boy. LMFAO. Hilarious. I worked on more PC's in a week I bet than you probably have in your life time. That is the hilarious part.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-05-08T05:22:07+00:00

    Another little trick.;

    If you have not cleaned it out before doing a clean install or reset do this; copy the Download Folder in File Explorer to a USB or another drive on the disk.  Then use it to install the downloaded programs rather than wandering all over the Internet to download the programs again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments