I would prefer Legacy mode with MBR. There has been lot of issues with extra drive letters an multiple OEM partitions in UEFI/GPT.
AMEN BROTHER. Bios MBR is the way to go.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
PC won't boot and I'm done attempting a repair. Finished.
I would like to start from scratch but would like to install the OS GPT vs MBR which I had originally done.
I originally upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate Edition before the 10 upgrade for free expired so I don't have a key. What's the best trouble free method? I also installed with a legacy BIOS (Award Software Int.) but the motherboard (Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 rev 1.0) is UEFI capable.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I would prefer Legacy mode with MBR. There has been lot of issues with extra drive letters an multiple OEM partitions in UEFI/GPT.
AMEN BROTHER. Bios MBR is the way to go.
I agree you telling them to save them. I was pitching you pooo just to be funny as in not everyone saves their installer files in Downloads folder.
Take Care!
If they have cleaned out the folder then they would have to go all over the Internet to get those program downloads.
There is no reason to make a copy of an empty folder.
A little more information for you;
My first PC was a used 4K Model One TRS 80 from Radio Shack that stored things on a Cassette tape drive. This was i 1970. It lasted me 2 weeks. My wife sat down at it and after 2 hours said it did not have enough horsepower. Note , she was working at Gulf General Atomics and was a Fortran 4G programmer. The next day I found a used 16K TRS 80.
I would prefer Legacy mode with MBR. There has been lot of issues with extra drive letters an multiple OEM partitions in UEFI/GPT.
COOL. Nice story. Not sure the GIST behind it, but ..............