Out of disk space on Local Disk (D:) - April update

Anonymous
2018-04-30T23:45:11+00:00

Hi,

I installed the new April update and since then, I’m getting a disk error:

You are running out of disk space on Local Disk (D:).

I see I have 406mb/449mb of used space, but how to fixe that?

I look into the disk, there is nothing! I tried a clean up, but there is nothing to remove.

Thx

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2018-05-01T03:22:41+00:00

Understood. I am too affected by this and used diskpart to remove the drive letter. For me G was assigned.

Right-click Start>Command Prompt(admin)

Type in the following:

diskpart

list volume

select volume 3

Replace 3 with the number of the volume which is assigned a drive letter.

remove letter="G"

Replace G with D

Don't worry, removing a drive letter would not cause any harm to your device.

Was this answer helpful?

600+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-06-15T10:47:34+00:00

    Tried following this and got

    "Virtual disk Service error:

    The path is not found."

    Any ideas?

    EDIT: I realized I had selected the wrong volume. My computer had D drive in volume 1 instead of three. Fixed it, thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-06-15T02:49:36+00:00

    I see what i letter I need to remove, but I'm worried on the effect. I see people saying their local disk has been removed and that they can't update. Please reply, I need to know if it's ok to remove the letter.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-14T23:30:54+00:00

    Worked perfectly!  Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-14T15:10:46+00:00

    No it has nothing to do  with the update......Just try to to reboot the system and update for few times .....That's what happened to my computer

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments