Out of disk space on Local Disk (D:) - April update

Anonymous
2018-04-30T23:45:11+00:00

Hi,

I installed the new April update and since then, I’m getting a disk error:

You are running out of disk space on Local Disk (D:).

I see I have 406mb/449mb of used space, but how to fixe that?

I look into the disk, there is nothing! I tried a clean up, but there is nothing to remove.

Thx

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2018-05-01T03:22:41+00:00

Understood. I am too affected by this and used diskpart to remove the drive letter. For me G was assigned.

Right-click Start>Command Prompt(admin)

Type in the following:

diskpart

list volume

select volume 3

Replace 3 with the number of the volume which is assigned a drive letter.

remove letter="G"

Replace G with D

Don't worry, removing a drive letter would not cause any harm to your device.

Was this answer helpful?

600+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-06-29T16:01:58+00:00

    Understood. I am too affected by this and used diskpart to remove the drive letter. For me G was assigned.

    Right-click Start>Command Prompt(admin)

    Type in the following:

    diskpart

    list volume

    select volume 3

    Replace 3 with the number of the volume which is assigned a drive letter.

    remove letter="G"

    Replace G with D

    Don't worry, removing a drive letter would not cause any harm to your device.

    That remove it for me thanks..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-06-23T06:51:20+00:00

    Me too, however, after 3? attempts to fix, i now only have a blue screen :-( . Seems the update has rendered my fab Surface Pro 2 useless - help!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-22T22:43:11+00:00

    I get the same message. I am assigned Vol ) is C, Vol 1 is D.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-17T12:01:22+00:00

    I could not do this, I was not able to select the volume and remove the letter. The message I have in my computer is pop up  every 5 minutes "are running out of disk space on local disk (D:)".  Could you please explain in details how to do this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments