Out of disk space on Local Disk (D:) - April update

Anonymous
2018-04-30T23:45:11+00:00

Hi,

I installed the new April update and since then, I’m getting a disk error:

You are running out of disk space on Local Disk (D:).

I see I have 406mb/449mb of used space, but how to fixe that?

I look into the disk, there is nothing! I tried a clean up, but there is nothing to remove.

Thx

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2018-05-01T03:22:41+00:00

Understood. I am too affected by this and used diskpart to remove the drive letter. For me G was assigned.

Right-click Start>Command Prompt(admin)

Type in the following:

diskpart

list volume

select volume 3

Replace 3 with the number of the volume which is assigned a drive letter.

remove letter="G"

Replace G with D

Don't worry, removing a drive letter would not cause any harm to your device.

Was this answer helpful?

600+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-21T13:05:49+00:00

    Volume 1

    As D: drive is the one you get the message it's running out of space ?

    Good luck

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-21T12:32:06+00:00

    I am having the same problem after having just updated Windows 10.

    I am attempting to complete the diskpart instructions posted earlier in this thread, but I am not sure which volume to select, since the only two partitions assigned letters are my hard drive (C:) and the newly created local drive (D:), the one I'm trying to resolve.

    Assistance appreciated.

    Anne Marie

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-18T20:50:14+00:00

    Hello,

    I followed your instructions, drive G: in my part was disappeared and I did not get any message saying it's running out of disk space anymore, however, I want to ask what is the impact on that drive disappearing? Would it cause problems for the computer in the future? please expaline .....Thanks ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-18T20:15:11+00:00

    Hi,

    I installed the new April Microsoft update and since then, I’m getting a disk error:

    You are running out of disk space on Local Disk (G:).

    I see I have used 413 mb of 449mb and have 36.7 mb of space left, how to fix that?

    I look into the disk, there is nothing! I tried a clean up, but there is nothing to remove.

    Properties window says File system NTFS.

    If i click format it wants to delete all files , is this safe to do without messing up the pc os , of is there another fix?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments