Out of disk space on Local Disk (D:) - April update

Anonymous
2018-04-30T23:45:11+00:00

Hi,

I installed the new April update and since then, I’m getting a disk error:

You are running out of disk space on Local Disk (D:).

I see I have 406mb/449mb of used space, but how to fixe that?

I look into the disk, there is nothing! I tried a clean up, but there is nothing to remove.

Thx

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2018-05-01T03:22:41+00:00

Understood. I am too affected by this and used diskpart to remove the drive letter. For me G was assigned.

Right-click Start>Command Prompt(admin)

Type in the following:

diskpart

list volume

select volume 3

Replace 3 with the number of the volume which is assigned a drive letter.

remove letter="G"

Replace G with D

Don't worry, removing a drive letter would not cause any harm to your device.

Was this answer helpful?

600+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-21T00:06:56+00:00

    I just completed this as follows and I no longer have the local disk located under my PC anymore. Is this correct? Will this be a problem in the future?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-20T08:03:49+00:00

    OK, Since I implemented the solution above The disk full message is gone, Also drive G: is gone I don't see any impact on the computer for now .......FYI

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-19T22:58:22+00:00

    I talked with a software expert and he told me that in that disk is windows bootable software for when smth goes wrong so it can fix it

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-19T17:43:41+00:00

    Hi,

    I installed the new April update and since then, I’m getting a disk error:

    You are running out of disk space on Local Disk (D:).

    I see I have 406mb/449mb of used space, but how to fixe that?

    I look into the disk, there is nothing! I tried a clean up, but there is nothing to remove.

    Thx

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments