Out of disk space on Local Disk (D:) - April update

Anonymous
2018-04-30T23:45:11+00:00

Hi,

I installed the new April update and since then, I’m getting a disk error:

You are running out of disk space on Local Disk (D:).

I see I have 406mb/449mb of used space, but how to fixe that?

I look into the disk, there is nothing! I tried a clean up, but there is nothing to remove.

Thx

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2018-05-01T03:22:41+00:00

Understood. I am too affected by this and used diskpart to remove the drive letter. For me G was assigned.

Right-click Start>Command Prompt(admin)

Type in the following:

diskpart

list volume

select volume 3

Replace 3 with the number of the volume which is assigned a drive letter.

remove letter="G"

Replace G with D

Don't worry, removing a drive letter would not cause any harm to your device.

Was this answer helpful?

600+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-19T02:24:47+00:00

    Hello,

    I followed your instructions, drive G: in my part was disappeared and I did not get any message saying it's running out of disk space anymore, however, I want to ask what is the impact on that drive disappearing? Would it cause problems for the computer in the future? please expaline .....Thanks ?

    From what I read somewhere else, it seems it just a disk used by OEM drives or hidden mechanisms, but nothing wrong by removing the letter. It is not supposed to be here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-04T10:52:10+00:00

    Will this affect future Windows updates in any way? Because I applied this and my D drive disappeared. Thanks for all your help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-05T19:18:36+00:00

    I too am having the same issue.  The D drive appeared with the April update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-01T23:31:29+00:00

    Checking the unhide option it still doesn't show contents of the folder

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments