Stop Windows 10 Asking me to Create a Pin

Anonymous
2018-06-08T19:27:52+00:00

I have recently re-installed Windows 10. When I installed it I was forced to create a pin. I was able to remove the pin once I'd logged on but now every time I reboot my computer Windows insists that I create a pin for it, claiming "We think you'll like it". I don't like it, I like using my password and I find this incredibly annoying and intrusive; it takes me an extra 30 seconds to log in because I have to jump through a dozen hoops to skip the pin creation. How do I disable the pin feature on Windows 10? I don't want it to ever prompt me to create a pin again.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 934.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2018-06-08T19:52:01+00:00

Hi Francis, this is a bug in version 1803 . . .

Cancel the PIN prompt and login to your PC

Go to Windows Defender Security Centre icon on the tray.

Under 'Account Protection' go to 'Set up Windows Hello for faster, more secure sign-in'

Click 'Set-up', it will prompt you to set up a pin - don't.

Click "Dismiss"

After that, there should be no more prompting at startup

Was this answer helpful?

80+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-01-14T12:56:24+00:00

    There is no dismiss button.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-01-12T17:03:17+00:00

    I do not get a Hello log in. On one of the items in settings I get a message that my computer can not use Hello login. I think it may be because I do not have a camera. Not equipped, not installed and not wanted. If fact if I could turn off ALL automatic VIDEO and AUDIO I would. All they do is use my bandwidth. I HATE ALL VIDEO instructions even. When I purchased my last laptop I made sure it did not have a camera. I don't even use the camera on my phone. I wish Microsoft would just listen to their customers and allows us to disable and uninstall all the junk they push. PIN sign in to me is JUNK.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-01-05T18:57:41+00:00

    This did not work, also. Get Microsoft on the problem. I have NEVER gotten a Dismiss notice.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-01-05T18:55:13+00:00

    This did NOT work. What next, I have tried many things and non stop the crap. Microsoft software say my computer is not able to use Hello.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments