Max, thank you for the information!
It is a very quick and elegant solution.
Yet, I hit a roadblock.
Specifically, I was able to backup the bootres.dll file as instructed (though the original file is not located in the specified folder tree - it is found in C:\Windows\boot\Resources\ (omit the custom folder)).
I also used my OS Recovery USB drive containing Windows 10 Pro v1709 (don't have one for v1803) when the attempt was made.
The roadblock?
Initial attempt indicated I didn't not have access rights.
Examination finds that the boot folder is restricted even for built in Administrator.
The only group which has Full Control is the TrustedInsaller. This is also restricted and can't be added to the built in administrator account or any other account.
The built in admin account only has read authority, along with the Administrator group authority.
So, how can I replace the bootres.dll file from the required directory?
Any ideas?
Thank you again for your help!
(I need to avoid a complete update of my OS, as my download for v1803 shall require at least 5hr to perform, plus all the other MS products now installed.)
Any guidance is greatly appreciated!
Jim