Hello,
I am another one who need to fix it. Do you remember or still not? Please i will be thankful. Thank you for your responde.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
how to fix bootres.dll is corrupt in windows 10
Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
Hello,
I am another one who need to fix it. Do you remember or still not? Please i will be thankful. Thank you for your responde.
Hi Eric
This isn’t what you what you need to hear… I did get it fixed… BUT I tried so many things I’ve forgotten what I did…
I will keep you email live on my file and try to remember how I fixed it…
SO Sorry, but I will try to reply soon
Regards
Stan of Saxons.
I am in the same situation, I can not get it repaired by SFC or CHKDSK. All this came as a result of a security update of the 1803 April version. I'm desperate, how can I repair the bootres.dll file, and in what folder is it located?
Computer crashed
Now when booting up, it starts to load windows, and goes to a black screen.
Doing some research and running a diagnostic and the log file said Bootres.dll corrupt and couldnt be repaired.
After searching on the Net
Tried running the SCAN + the Chckdsk commands..
It did not repair the corrupt bootres.dll.
Windows version 1709
Under normal boot computer goes to black screen..
Restart 2-3 times
tried the repair option.. did not work
Tried the Step by Step startup, and the computer works perfectly (slower startup)
Reboot, and it goes to a black screen when starting to load windows 10..
Restart 2-3 times and Step by Step startup... works fine get into Windows.
Tried downloading and installing Windows 10 ISO, gets to 84% and fails.
Tried a few times no luck.
The computer tried to install the new Windows update and failed..
Tried recovering to previous version.. worked fine, reversed new applications, but still black screen as it starts to load windows after BIOS check.