Hi
Happy to hear that your issue is fixed
It doesn't worked for me :(
Still waiting a solution
Jeff
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
how to fix bootres.dll is corrupt in windows 10
Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi
Happy to hear that your issue is fixed
It doesn't worked for me :(
Still waiting a solution
Jeff
Hello, I had the same issue since yesterday and I just fixed I don't know why and how it works. (I'm french and I found the names of the options in english on howtogeek there will not have comprehension issues I hope) So, when you are in the Recovery screen, you select "See advanced repair options", then you have 3 options:
You select the second option and you select again the second choice "Advanced options". Then you have 6 options, one of them is "Startup Settings" you select it and reboot the computer. Then you have 9 options, and we need and the seventh option "Disable driver signature enforcement". Windows will load but it took me something like 5 minutes. It was reaaaaaly slow but my computer booted. The only thing left is that I don't know if 10 will still boot if we restart the computer.
Good day all… well not such a good day… I spent a hours yesterday back tracking into the history on my system looking for any hint of what I did to fix this but was unable to find any clue as to what I did. Frustrated as hell.
I’m 76 years old and my memory’s not that good these days, sorry I’m not more help.
Best of luck guys
Stan.
Hi
To get into Windows I had to user Boot Step by step advanced startup option.
I got to this by hitting the reset 3 times in succession, as it was trying to start Windows, then selected advanced Startup.
Once in Windows it worked OK, but if it restarted... Black Screen!
I wasnt able to fix the problem on my own.
I called Microsoft support, and they got a senior technician to call me back.
He was very knowledgeable, and in an hour he had cleaned up Windows, removing all Antivirus and startup programs, and non Windows services. He was too quick for me to see exactly what else he had done.
But once he had this sorted, I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro (from their site)
Then I did the update to version 1803.
It has been working like a dream since then.
This guy was an absolutely master technician I was watching him work remotely on my PC, and he knew his oats... I cannot praise him enough.
He said the possible reasons for the windows update failing - is
Anti-Virus,other Security programs, and startup programs and services, which may block the process and cause corruption...
Good Luck
Hi Stan,
I also have the some problem which i beleive happend after the recent update. Bootres.dll is corrupt.
Figured that after looking on the srt.txt log. Tried multiple things but nothing seems to be working ....i beg you, please, can you tell me what did you do to fix this ?
You can write me to : ************@gmail.com
Best,
Evgenii
***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for more information on how you can protect your privacy.*****