how to fix bootres.dll is corrupt in windows 10

Anonymous
2018-05-10T23:11:47+00:00

how to fix bootres.dll is corrupt in windows 10

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-06-14T08:21:17+00:00

    Hi David

    Yep it is the same, this is only the path shown in the SrtTrail.txt file

    Give a try and let us know if your issue is fixed or not

    Do not hesitate if you have any further questions

    Jeff

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-06-14T06:26:43+00:00

    Hello,

    My specific folder path is not C:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll, it is little different, my is C:\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll. I do not know if it’s the same but i will try your solution than. Thank you very much.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-14T00:14:06+00:00

    Hi guys ! issue FIXED!

    For those who face the same issue (unable to boot windows 10 with "C:\windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt" showing "C:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupted)", here's what I did

    First you need to create a bootable USB flash drive to install Windows 10

    Insert the flash drive in your PC and reboot from it

    Select Repair your computer

    Select Troubleshoot

    Choose Command Prompt

    Type in the command:

    Diskpart

    Type in the command:

    List disk (you have to note which disk is your boot drive number)

    Type in the command:

    Sel disk 0 (0 is my boot drive number)

    Type in the command:

    List vol (you have to note which volume is the EFI partition)

    Type in the command:

    Sel vol 4 (volume 4 is my EFI partition)

    Type in the command:

    assign letter=V:

    Type in the command:

    Exit

    Now you can format the EFI partition:

    format V: /FS:FAT32

    After the format you need to recreate the EFI directory structure

    Type in the command:

    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI (C is your system partition)

    Exit the command prompt and reboot the PC

    Please let me know if it worked for you

    Thanks

    Jeff

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-06-13T08:29:35+00:00

    Hi Jeff…

    I’ve been thinking about this and I DID do a backup of just my data and reformatted drive C and did a clean load… now I know that I said I couldn’t remember what I did BUT I did reformat the drive.

    Do that and get a clean start, it’s a full day’s work but when you think of the time wasted then it’s time well spent.

    By the way a purchased a USB hard drive for £40 then after I had a clean drive C I did the Microsoft backup and restore (Windows 7) onto it so that I can do a “clean reload” with in a very short time frame.

    Happy hunting…

    Regards

    Stan.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments