how to fix bootres.dll is corrupt in windows 10

Anonymous
2018-05-10T23:11:47+00:00

how to fix bootres.dll is corrupt in windows 10

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-07-03T08:23:42+00:00

    Your welcome. There are some methods to stop windows updates for the future, tried this solution:

    https://www.groovypost.com/howto/block-windows-10-feature-update-why/

    i hope the error will never apper again.

    Dávid

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-07-03T08:10:12+00:00

    Thank you David,

    I tried that solution but didn't work

    Me too, I had to made a clean install, now it seems it's working... till next release :-(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-26T16:18:50+00:00

    Hello Fernanda, 

    I tried this solution but didn’t work for me. The only fix for me was clean install from bootable DVD, (USB for me), try to backup your data at first, after clean install. Now it seems everything works fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-26T09:52:52+00:00

    Hi Surveillance-NC,

    Can you help me please?

    I have dvd bootable, is it the same? I have the recovery disk, is it ok?

    Is it necessary the same version of win10 installed ( es 1709 and disk 1709, 1803 and disk 1803)?

    Thank you in advance

    Fernanda

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-06-16T07:06:21+00:00

    Hi,

    I have the same problem, but I found a workaround, select Advanced options and choose "See more options", choose StartUp settings and restart. Once the computer restart, select "Disable drivers signature enforcement".

    The computer starts normally now, for one time…

    I couldn’t find the driver failing, reinstalled all new version without success.

    When I see your solution, I tried it without using a USB flash device, using the command line option from Advanced options.

    It was a very bad idea, after that my machine didn't start at all.

    Using a USB flash device, I could repair the boot sequence following your method.

    It still doesn't work, but now the failing files was displayed (C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\sfvfs02.dll). It's the StarForce Protection driver. I Don't know the game who installed it.

    One more reboot with "Disable drivers signature enforcement", update of the StarForce protection and now It work great.

    Maybe this can help someone.

    Christian

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments