how to fix bootres.dll is corrupt in windows 10

Anonymous
2018-05-10T23:11:47+00:00

how to fix bootres.dll is corrupt in windows 10

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-07-03T08:10:12+00:00

    Thank you David,

    I tried that solution but didn't work

    Me too, I had to made a clean install, now it seems it's working... till next release :-(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-06-26T09:52:52+00:00

    Hi Surveillance-NC,

    Can you help me please?

    I have dvd bootable, is it the same? I have the recovery disk, is it ok?

    Is it necessary the same version of win10 installed ( es 1709 and disk 1709, 1803 and disk 1803)?

    Thank you in advance

    Fernanda

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-11T23:03:13+00:00

    Hi

    To get into Windows I had to user Boot Step by step advanced startup option.

    I got to this by hitting the reset 3 times in succession, as it was trying to start Windows, then selected advanced Startup.

    Once in Windows it worked OK, but if it restarted... Black Screen!

    I wasnt able to fix the problem on my own.

    I called Microsoft support, and they got a senior technician to call me back.

    He was very knowledgeable, and in an hour he had cleaned up Windows, removing all Antivirus and startup programs, and non Windows services. He was too quick for me to see exactly what else he had done.

    But once he had this sorted, I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro (from their site)

    Then I did the update to version 1803.

    It has been working like a dream since then.

    This guy was an absolutely master technician I was watching him work remotely on my PC, and he knew his oats... I cannot praise him enough.

    He said the possible reasons for the windows update failing - is

    Anti-Virus,other Security programs, and startup programs and services, which may block the process and cause corruption...

    Good Luck

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-06-11T22:09:14+00:00

    Hi Stan,

    I also have the some problem which i beleive happend after the recent update. Bootres.dll is corrupt. 

    Figured that after looking on the srt.txt log. Tried multiple things but nothing seems to be working ....i beg you, please, can you tell me what did you do to fix this ? 

    You can write me to : ************@gmail.com

    Best,

    Evgenii

    ***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for more information on how you can protect your privacy.*****

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments